• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs

40/70 Benchmark

I’m not at All Trying to Jack Jerry, but when I wake up at 5”, and Everyone who’s East of Me where the storm started AFTER me has 8”, and Foxboro who’s 12 minutes from me in the Same Line of the band has 10” when I have 6”??  That’s absurd.  

And TO that, I’m in Foxboro right now.  They have 9.5”.  The “10 Inches at 7am” AS I said was complete BS.  They would have 13” by now if so.  They’ve got the same as NE RI.  

Getting a Foot to me is a Big big deal.  And I keep missing out on So many storms where those around me get 12”.  Starting with March 2017 when I Spent $700 and Flew home early from the Netherlands for 9” of glop.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I would imagine a place like Westerly must surely have more than 2 inches yet? It could have been a report from a couple hours ago with no new ones since? Because I see good banding on the SE CT and RI shore 

That map is over an hour and half old....better to just wait for the final one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wish you got in that megaband... probably the only spot in the region bent over more than I have past several years.

It is what it is. I’ll find out next week whether I’ll be able to close on my new place in Salisbury. It’s been delayed numerous times. Ready for a better snow climo. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Eh...one of Ginxys 11 dogs will shit on a chipmunk, and they'll be buried in no time. Harder to make up ground here

8 dogs lol. Looks like 11 on my cam at home. I have my table measured up to the umbrella bottom and it's a foot.  Snow about an inch below

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That band spent like 5 mins over me and is fading in favor of the canal band. Just an unlucky break.

Thems the breaks sometimes with mesobanding. They can be awesome and frustrating at the same time.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We're onto mid month.

Can only pray karma delivers 3-5-01

You got close to a jack on 2/1/21 last year? Vs the 2" I had lol. But just saying...you're still able to pick up snow when it's shit near the coast or south of the pike. I'm sure you'll take me to the shed again this season.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

8 dogs lol. Looks like 11 on my cam at home. I have my table measured up to the umbrella bottom and it's a foot.  Snow about an inch below

Glad the forecast worked out, bud. Enjoy it. I should have stuck with 6-12" instead of changing to 5-10", but I did explicitly mention some spots will approach a foot

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Well, Savoy at 2000' in the N Berks will only have 8" on the season after this so it's been a tough start.

That is very low for that area.  A friend who works in real estate told me he heard one of the ski areas out there is thinking of selling to developers. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

You got close to a jack on 2/1/21 last year? Vs the 2" I had lol. But just saying...you're still able to pick up snow when it's shit near the coast or south of the pike. I'm sure you'll take me to the shed again this season.

Big picture last year....at least 10" below normal snowfall in a sea of positive SNE anonalies.....again.

LBSW

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

That is very low for that area.  A friend who works in real estate told me he heard one of the ski areas out there is thinking of selling to developers. 

Not sure what area that would be.  Berkshire East is the only ski area in NW MA and that family ain't selling anytime soon if ever.