• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs

40/70 Benchmark

About 6.0" here in southern Wilmington at 8:30 AM. Snowing at least moderately now. Hopefully I can catch up to others. Heaviest band has fluctuated but mostly stayed just barely south of me this early morning. Mostly Boston area/ Immediate North Shore southwestward to to Eastern CT.  Again, things seem to be lifting north, we'll see what my final is this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

And it is best if they know you are a "regular reporter"...

Maybe but if they get enough reports from whoever over a geographic area i am sure they will get it.

Fun fact I was an official spotter for a couple years out west in Reno, one time I called in when we got way way over a foot in a narrow band that was stationary over us in 2010 and they were indeed shocked with disbelief. But it happened, though most areas got 5-10 inches.

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Maybe but if they get enough reports from whoever over a geographic area i am sure they will get it.

Fun fact I was an official spotter for a couple years out west in Reno, one time I called in when we got way way over a foot in a narrow band that was stationary over us in 2010 and they were indeed shocked with disbelief. But it happened, though most areas got 5-10 inches.

They rarely ask for spotter ID....give them a call 800-330-1147