Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

30 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Last Feb North NJ got nearly 40 inches. Not even a year ago, much less ‘years’ ago.  I am sure most everyone in this forum would sign the dotted line for that all day long.  Very good winter there overall.  

40 inches would be my worst winter ever since posting on these forums in 2004-2005. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Sometimes I envy Raleigh NC. Springs are awesome and great thunderstorms. Hell when they are in for 1 to 3 inches of snow its like winning the lottery and appreciated way more.

For snowfall of course we score more than areas south of us, but it should be looked at at % of normal vs. total when comparing, also the trade off of way better springs than here.

We all have weather we can be proud of. 

Man do we need a good snowstorm to look forward to.

• Like 2

Looking at the long range, if we eventually make the flip from a -PNA/NAO pattern to a +PNA/NAO pattern, we have 4 potential Archambault chances, with the both the Pacific and Atlantic changing? With all that cold to our west, we'll see something significant in the next 20 days, I'm sure of it. 

• Like 1

I recall a few times this year when the GFS wrapped up a southern stream wave and produced backside snow in the medium range when most other guidance did not. In every case, the northern stream ended up being too fast and the southern stream vortmax never made it to the downstream side of the longwave trof. The result was a positive tilted trof, squashed southern stream wave, and a frontal passage.

Nobody trusts the GFS showing snow with this and probably for good reason. But there's just enough support from the EC, UK, previous CMC runs, ensembles, and even the ICON to completely dismiss it.

You know you guys … it’s not as far fetched as we think that ice and/or mix could creep toward S VT/NH over the 1st .. 2nd - talking just prior to the ANA/frontal wave the GFS is pimping. 

some guidance hitting again at weightier high pressure setting up and  with that type of flat open characteristic of the overall … if cold gets underneath it would be back built …. We’re not there yet but there’s both hints and time 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You know you guys … it’s not as far fetched as we think that ice and/or mix could creep toward S VT/NH over the 1st .. 2nd - talking just prior to the ANA/frontal wave the GFS is pimping. 

some guidance hitting again at weightier high pressure setting up and  with that type of flat open characteristic of the overall … if cold gets underneath it would be back built …. We’re not there yet but there’s both hints and time 

This has been the trend today, IMO. GFS has been getting pretty close to mix storm here if not an outright snowstorm.