Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yes it is but annoying to see North Pacific, but it's been flip flopping, the GEFS and GEPS are much better.

EPS is still fine...has a piece of PV lobe getting sucked back into AK, but as long as you maintain cross polar (circled) flow, it's going to be good for cold source. It's probably going to flip to +200 dm anomalies next run anyway. :lol:

I'm happier to see to some western ridging showing up.

Dec29_12zEPS360.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS is still fine...has a piece of PV lobe getting sucked back into AK, but as long as you maintain cross polar (circled) flow, it's going to be good for cold source. It's probably going to flip to +200 dm anomalies next run anyway. :lol:

I'm happier to see to some western ridging showing up.

Dec29_12zEPS360.png

I was loaded to 342-348 when I posted 360 does look a touch better rather than the lobe getting sucked in AK permanently. 

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I was loaded to 342-348 when I posted 360 does look a touch better rather than the lobe getting sucked in AK permanently. 

Oh I see. Yeah I’ve seen that happen and the next run then backs off. I’m not too worried. Besides still decent meridional flow into the conus.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DEEPSTUFF said:

Remember when we use to get at least a few decent clippers and and maybe one or two would blowup?   I'd take that in a heart beat! those patterns looked and felt like winter for a good chunk of the season.

You need a more dominant northern stream +PNA pattern to get a lot of clippers.

55 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Let's hope GEFS is right. 

Would be hilarious if we go from RNA keeping the cold west to totally losing the Arctic and getting flooded by an AK vortex.

Not calling it just imagining.

It will snow this winter again. I liken not getting at least one moderate snowfall in a winter season to not experiencing a single thunderstorm in spring/summer. Almost impossible.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It's amazing how many people troll the New England forum. All of the interesting weather that happens to members of this forum happens in New England so I guess it makes sense. Nothing interesting weather wise has happened in NJ, MD, NYC, VA, NC, SC, etc. for literally years so they troll here.

I have home in NJ and the Greens and know both climates well, this statement is ridiculous lol.

6 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

I have home in NJ and the Greens and know both climates well, this statement is ridiculous lol.

Last Feb North NJ got nearly 40 inches. Not even a year ago, much less ‘years’ ago.  I am sure most everyone in this forum would sign the dotted line for that all day long.  Very good winter there overall.  

11 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

NJ has seen plenty of interesting weather over the years arguably moreso than many places up north. 

From hurricanes to major flooding to tornadoes, wind events, snowstorms so that statement makes zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Last Feb North NJ got nearly 40 inches. Not even a year ago, much less ‘years’ ago.  I am sure most everyone in this forum would sign the dotted line for that all day long.  Very good winter there overall.  

Ya like I said,  Phin gets a lil snow blind sometimes with his ideas. Just disregard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

LOL imagine defending NJ’s honor so vociferously. Always cracks me up. 

To be honest Phin..you’re way to quick to down some other places weather.  It comes off as ignorant.  Just a heads up pal.

I realize your old home of Delaware or Maryland was boring…but that’s not representative of all the area at all. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

To be honest Phin..you’re way to quick to down some other places weather.  It comes off as ignorant.  Just a heads up pal.

I realize your old home of Delaware or Maryland was boring…but that’s not representative of all the area at all. 

Delwer's weather was not boring.  Growing up had many big snowstorms, some brushes with hurricanes, a few tornadoes.  A great place to grow up, although I was happy to leave.