Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

5 minutes ago, Ravens94 said:

GFS is definitely WSW criteria for areas north of 70

Verbatim yes, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if everything is warmer even further north.  GFS has temps up on the northern tier of Maryland around 29-32 at 18z today and I'm already seeing mid 30s on the some of the stations around Westminster.  

2 minutes ago, MDRandy said:

39/24; already surpassed our forecast high

Im not really that worried about the high...highs often over perform a little if its sunny.  I just want the temps to respond as steady precip comes in tonight and the mid levels and warm noses to hold off.  This is probably a 32 degree snow for Baltimore but that can still generally work especially at night

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Warm Nose said:

Cue the inevitable bashing of the models since they weren't verbatim and trends went the wrong way for this sub ...

This is your second comment (unless I missed another one) about how people on this subforum are too negative.  Kinda funny coming from a person with a user name of Warm Nose, but okay, you do you.

Looks like wave 1 is primarily a whiff for Augusta County and central Virginia folks, but wave 2 is a nice little event for down here Thursday evening.  The globals and the NAMs and RGEM all show .6" to 1" qpf for the total of both waves for mby.  Should have some p-type issues at some points, but I will take my chances at my elevation and let chips fall.

• Like 2

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Wait, so it's not going to snow now? I moved from VA Beach to here for more snow because that's what you all told me to do. I need to move north again??? #WeSuck 

I am going to the beach permanently very soon. This hobby is going to give me a heart attack. At least there I wont really have to ever track anymore. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

i vote to lock this one and burn it with fire. But might as well wait for the "king" to have its say and see if it follows what looks to be general model consensus now.  Warmer, norther, less snower 

I mean, precip starts in the western area by afternoon. Ok, let’s wait for the euro to fold like a cheap suit.

Just now, King George Dee said:

Hey remember we are not all as far north as you...What's happening in Fredericksburg, VA area?  

My unqualified opinion: Central VA is toast for wave one. I think we've still got a shot at wave two, but we need to root for the typical north trend. I'd be pretty shocked to get totally blanked, but its in the cards. 1-3" from wave two seems like a decently safe bet.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Warm Nose said:

Cue the inevitable bashing of the models since they weren't verbatim and trends went the wrong way for this sub ...

Verbatim? They might as well have been labeling the states wrong. This is a massive failure, and many consecutive days of failure at that. 

edit: username checks out though. 

4 minutes ago, King George Dee said:

Hey remember we are not all as far north as you...What's happening in Fredericksburg, VA area?  

Unfortunately you're in that "in between suck zone" where it might be too warm for wave 1 and wave 2 looks iffy.  Honestly though I wouldn't give up on wave 2...you might score some snow down there.

weather_2.10.2020.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic