Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 10-12, 2021 Winter Event

MN Transplant

Just now, CAPE said:

There is going to be a dead zone that misses/mostly misses both waves.

Euro total cave to the GFS lol. That said, I like the model consensus for wave 1 for MBY way more than yesterday. Surprised wave 2 has crapped out, but given how fast wave 1 rejuvenated, maybe it’s not dead yet.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Somebody from Fredericksburg to PSU land will do well.  But at this point i think you could throw a dart in that range and have as good a chance as the models. I know where I’m aiming my dart. 

I'm not feeling as good about this morning.  we could seriously be in the screw zone...which would mean we are in the usual zone.  so actually we are where we should be.  Nevermind I feel a lot better about it now.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, WVsnowlover said:

Looks like LWX will be playing catch up with this one. 1-3" seems laughably low for out this way (Charles Town). Not sure any guidance at any point has supported that call.

I’m going with 2-4” for most north of US rt 50. Extend that west thru Virginia. I mean splitting hairs I guess but most places should see at least 2” from this but probably not more then 4 or 5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’m going with 2-4” for most north of US rt 50. Extend that west thru Virginia. I mean splitting hairs I guess but most places should see at least 2” from this but probably not more then 4 or 5

Only fly in the ointment I see is the stupid boundary level temps on the NAM.   NAM seems to be a bit of a warm outlier but it also seems like you rarely bust going with the warmest guidance around DC metro.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

It's gonna be Calvert and Charles lol

The cities and north and west have WWA's, for part 1, and St. Mary's has a WSWatch for part 2.

What is this horseshite?  I'm taking solace in that the models have been pretty crappy so surely the precip will shift 20mi one way or the other and fill in this stupid hole.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Only fly in the ointment I see is the stupid boundary level temps on the NAM.   NAM seems to be a bit of a warm outlier but it also seems like you rarely bust going with the warmest guidance around DC metro.  

Yeah I mean I think its an issue for around DC and rt 50 to Annapolis but I think north of there should be ok once the steady stuff comes in

16 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

The NAM shows the temp dropping below freezing early tomorrow morning. But yeah... that’s almost always a concern in the city unfortunately, even more so downtown.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic