Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

Just now, psuhoffman said:

In fairness (dunno until the qpf comes out) I don’t think the rgem is bad it’s just the trend. Big step back from last 2 runs. 

I mean... given the solutions it was putting out earlier, it was due for a pretty significant step back to reality wasn't it? I think we all knew deep down this wasn't going to be a BECS, right?

Just now, psuhoffman said:

In fairness (dunno until the qpf comes out) I don’t think the rgem is bad it’s just the trend. Big step back from last 2 runs. 

True...the trend is not a nice feeling.  But being honest, the crazy, wacky amounts it was throwing out were not realistic.  Perhaps it's converging to something more sensible?  Well, that's the reasoning I'll cling to for now, haha!  As you said, however, we should see the total precip (and snow) totals to get a better picture on the RGEM.

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

True...the trend is not a nice feeling.  But being honest, the crazy, wacky amounts it was throwing out were not realistic.  Perhaps it's converging to something more sensible?  Well, that's the reasoning I'll cling to for now, haha!  As you said, however, we should see the total precip (and snow) totals to get a better picture on the RGEM.

It still shows 4 feet for E PA

• Haha 1

The RGEM is just a more intense version of the Euro. Has a much more aggressive CCB over E PA with extension down to I-70 latitude. The fact that and the Euro are that consistent with each other might be hinting closer to an expected result. It’s still not a bad run with pretty much all the sub-forum in WSW criteria snowfall. Will be a wintry scene on Sunday and Monday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic