Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 - Feb 2 Storm

stormtracker

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

This thing already broke the site! Crazy run for us westerners. And in all honesty the Euro depiction leaves room for an even bigger hit than shown. Nuts. Watch how the precip shield is tugged west at 132 and 138. It is just a sit and spin megastorm. 

Thats a dream scenario as depicted.

• Like 3

ICON has snow breaking out across the SW part of the forum ~1a and DC by about 4a Sunday.  Transfer is down over/near OBX but primary hangs on longer than I want.   I don't really know how good ICON thermals are but verbatim it's all snow in DC through Sunday night (~0.5" QPF has already fallen).  The coastal basically zig zags a bit as it heads north from OBX to Lewes.

I like seeing the south transfer on the ICON.  

• Like 1

I just woke up briefly. One more night of mids, so I’ll be on the model watch night shift. I must say, to see CIPS coming in that bullish, I’d be beyond ecstatic for all the sub-forum. Traditional caveats aside for these storms, it’s hard to hate the coastal low placement and strength. We don’t have potential for anomalous u-wind vectors to transport warm Atlantic air into a decaying boundary layer. We don’t have HP moving East into Nova Scotia as the low reaches MD/VA latitude. We don’t have a screwball low to the north that causes temp issues later on and instigates a drier NW flow on the western front to cut into precip expansion. If the GFS comes on board tonight, I’d say start prepping the shovels, grab the beer, and get ready for fun.

I’ll have more to talk about tonight. But first, back to your regularly scheduled zombie.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6
  • Weenie 8

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

ICON has snow breaking out across the SW part of the forum ~1a and DC by about 4a Sunday.  Transfer is down over/near OBX but primary hangs on longer than I want.   I don't really know how good ICON thermals are but verbatim it's all snow in DC through Sunday night (~0.5" QPF has already fallen).  The coastal basically zig zags a bit as it heads north from OBX to Lewes.

I like seeing the south transfer on the ICON.  

That was what I was looking to see as well...got the transfer...thermals we can (hopefully) ignore!

6 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I just woke up briefly. One more night of mids, so I’ll be on the model watch night shift. I must say, to see CIPS coming in that bullish, I’d be beyond ecstatic for all the sub-forum. Traditional caveats aside for these storms, it’s hard to hate the coastal low placement and strength. We don’t have potential for anomalous u-wind vectors to transport warm Atlantic air into a decaying boundary layer. We don’t have HP moving East into Nova Scotia as the low reaches MD/VA latitude. We don’t have a screwball low to the north that causes temp issues later on and instigates a drier NW flow on the western front to cut into precip expansion. If the GFS comes on board tonight, I’d say start prepping the shovels, grab the beer, and get ready for fun.

I’ll have more to talk about tonight. But first, back to your regularly scheduled zombie.

Thanks for all you do mate. Excited to hear your insight after you analyze tonight’s 0z models 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Storm enters on the Pacific side as a powerhouse and will exit on the Atlantic side as a powerhouse, near same longitude

Or latitude in this case.:hug:  The Powerhouse impact of this storm on both sides of the country is quite incredible and looks to save our winter!

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic