• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

I think BOX’s 12-18 is a good forecast for here. 20-burger is hard to get unless you get stuck in ML banding which I don’t really see anywhere until out in Catskills down to NNJ. 

Only wrench is if the currier and ives stuff Tuesday night and Wednesday decides to add a few inches. 

• Like 1

I am interested with the Reggie idea of more moisture streaming up from the South into E NE as the ULL is still SW of us by Tuesday P.M. That could be a wild card in and of itself...mid level temps seems borderline for some areas thou surface temps away from coast seem to be below freezing.  Maybe some big ole chunks falling from sky. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3-6” totally realistic 

The fact that the 5H low hangs back at NYC/ even W CT longitude into 6z Wednesday is interesting ...i want to see some surprises late Tuesday and Wednesday ..but i think they may be favored well N over NE NY / NVT as that 5H low is elongated N-S...  and maybe also into Eastern areas of New england ..esp SE NH into  Maine from that meso low depending on its path and wether it tucks toward Jimmy earlier on Tues pm  or more SE of portland maine later. 

I would like to pick Scott or Will's brain on that meso low and possible path /influence/ Reggie went wild with it. 

Tuesday evening might be a bit impressive in terms of some re-development snows across parts of NYS down into eastern PA and parts of NJ. Super steep mid-level lapse rates combined with some pretty impressive llvl lift. Could see some nasty snow squalls there but I think the good remain west of our area.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

It's incredible to me that at this short lead time there is so much uncertainty.  Combine that with the duration of this, we could yet see some interesting evolutions.

Agreed, I feel like this is almost always the case (save a couple storms throughout the years). Too much data to look at!

Will someone, maybe Tip, be starting an obs thread? Leading precip is working its way in to the Northeast Kingdom...

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

GFS doesn't have a clue on this storm. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Phin,  it always seems to exaggerate the upslope and downslope qpf.  Euro is much better in my opinion for the mountainous areas.  In general Plymouth NH is a bit of a snow hole with the Whites to the northeast

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah though I do think it’ll add up another 3-6/4-8 Tuesday into Wednesday under the rotting bands/ ULL

Stein disagrees

When you get up Tuesday morning, if you do have power, the good news is that the wind will be slackening and precipitation will be fairly light. There is likely to be some additional rain or snow, but I’m not forecasting any accumulation beyond a coating or an inch

Just now, kdxken said:

Stein disagrees

When you get up Tuesday morning, if you do have power, the good news is that the wind will be slackening and precipitation will be fairly light. There is likely to be some additional rain or snow, but I’m not forecasting any accumulation beyond a coating or an inch

Why wouldn’t there be power? And Stein is probably the last person anyone should be following lol

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The fact that the 5H low hangs back at NYC/ even W CT longitude into 6z Wednesday is interesting ...i want to see some surprises late Tuesday and Wednesday ..but i think they may be favored well N over NE NY / NVT as that 5H low is elongated N-S...  and maybe also into Eastern areas of New england ..esp SE NH into  Maine from that meso low depending on its path and wether it tucks toward Jimmy earlier on Tues pm  or more SE of portland maine later. 

I would like to pick Scott or Will's brain on that meso low and possible path /influence/ Reggie went wild with it. 

Reggie-Yankees-football-012115.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4