Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Deff tick e and cooler but drier with the qpf.

I’m expecting QPF to start toning down a bit as we get closer. They usually do in the final 18-24 hours. If we were actually going to get 1.5 to 2 inches of qpf, I’d be forecasting like 16-24 inches of snow here. 

I’ll acknowledge there’s a chance we end up going absolutely nuts for 10+ hours on the easterly firehose and still make or even exceed high end of the ranges, but more often than not, it’s hard to get those 20-burgers without midlevel goodies rotting over you. 

I’ll really be trying to parse the 00z data to see if there is any sign we are going to have the higher amounts. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I’m expecting QPF to start toning down a bit as we get closer. They usually do in the final 18-24 hours. If we were actually going to get 1.5 to 2 inches of qpf, I’d be forecasting like 16-24 inches of snow here. 

I’ll acknowledge there’s a chance we end up going absolutely nuts for 10+ hours on the easterly firehose and still make or even exceed high end of the ranges, but more often than not, it’s hard to get those 20-burgers without midlevel goodies rotting over you. 

I’ll really be trying to parse the 00z data to see if there is any sign we are going to have the higher amounts. 

SWFE dynamics always lure some in with totally unrealistic qpf numbers .

1 minute ago, mattm4242 said:

Cmon off our euro run, please be right.

It’s completely irrational, but I’m off the next two days, and I was hoping for a nice storm to distract me from the fact that the supermarket I’m a manager at is closing in 6 weeks.

It's been a crap time and it's perfectly rational to want a fun escape.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'll be interested to see where the CF sets up. Some of these solutions may bring that east a tad and at least get you more into the colder side I think. That would really help out if it were to happen ahead of the H7 warm front, but it may play games right over you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Sorry to hear about the store, large chain?

Big Y in Saugus. Not a sales related closure as the store was kicking ass, the company and the landlord couldn’t come to terms on a lease renewal. They apparently have found a new location in Saugus to build a store, but that’s 18 months away, at best.

So all the managers and full timers choice is either go to another location, which Peabody is the only one within 58 miles of my house lol, or take an exit severance. And ending up at the Peabody store is a crapshoot at best, so I’m interviewing at a wholefoods in Beverly Tuesday, weather pending. I have pretty bad anxiety, so the thought of starting at a new place sucks, especially because I was really comfortable where I was.

Done ranting now lol.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2