• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

5 minutes ago, ryanconway63 said:

Gotta believe this bumps South at least slightly for next run or maybe 2 before in locks in.  We have alot more wiggle room it would appear with this storm.

Based on...what exactly?

The fact that virtually all other guidance has it north?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Nothing like that in 1996 or 1958?

"I have seen with mine very own Eyes a wondrous Prognostication by the European Model for a winter Snow of such Significance that I can hardly describe in Words the Elation that it has elicited within myself."

- Thomas Jefferson, January 20, 1772

• Like 5
  • Haha 20

45 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

If we only end up with 6" after this like the GFS is showing, I will never trust the Euro again. 

Remember we are still many days away, and this run needed a late capture to really get going. I’m as excited as anyone but it could still be a miss but not be a gfs coup. You guys are in a good spot though idc where it hits I’ll chase! Just temper expectations right now too far out

• Weenie 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

That's why I said, I wish this wasn't showing now.  There's nowhere else to go but down from here.   Gonna be a long week with the up and down, see sawing 

It isn’t even going to fall apart, it’s going to disappear, say just kidding, just kidding, and come back as something more realistic.

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

Remember we are still many days away, and this run needed a late capture to really get going. I’m as excited as anyone but it could still be a miss but not be a gfs coup. You guys are in a good spot though idc where it hits I’ll chase! Just temper expectations right now too far out

Thank you Dr. Phil.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That's why I said, I wish this wasn't showing now.  There's nowhere else to go but down from here.   Gonna be a long week with the up and down, see sawing 

I don't get what you are saying?  Are you trying to tell me that whats shown now, today, this day of January, the 26th at 2:34pm, might NOT happen in 5 days?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TowsonWeather said:

Based on...what exactly?

I mean just looking at the euro verbatim if that energy doesn’t dive behind it probably doesn’t bomb like it did. Doesn’t mean no snow just not as much coastal love. The gfs is north for different reasons 

Just now, H2O said:

I don't get what you are saying?  Are you trying to tell me that whats shown now, today, this day of January, the 26th at 2:34pm, might NOT happen in 5 days?

Baby...that's exactly what I'm saying.   I know this is shocking, but you have to consider that possibility.  

• Like 1

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

I mean just looking at the euro verbatim if that energy doesn’t dive behind it probably doesn’t bomb like it did. Doesn’t mean no snow just not as much coastal love. The gfs is north for different reasons 

Exactly- without that piece of energy diving in behind it the numbers are dramatically different. Should temper expectations. Be interesting to see where this ends up 

4 minutes ago, TowsonWeather said:

Based on...what exactly?

It has trended South the last 3 Runs of the Euro.  Why would you think its locked in?   All Models trended south for the Thursday Event.  Euro is the only model that had it locked down and even that trended south some.

If I remember correctly, our biggest storms (Dec. 2009, Feb 2010, Jan 2016), were pretty consistently modeled 5-7 days ahead of time.   We were only tracking  who was getting 18", 24", or 36"!

Just now, ryanconway63 said:

It has trended South the last 3 Runs of the Euro.  Why would you think its locked in?   All Models trended south for the Thursday Event.  Euro is the only model that had it locked down and even that trended south some.

You can lock it in all you want, but you’re going to hear: “This is the LockPickingLawyer, and what I have for you today, is a WeenieLock6000.”