• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Oh wow...we're still stuck at 34 up here...hope we can get in on the ULL...

1-4am is the likely timeframe if it materializes. Don’t look now, but there may be some back building commencing as we speak. ULLs gotta swing through eventually. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EB89 said:

Heavy snow. 

Enjoy it! SN+ here as well. Looks like it’ll slow down in the next 15 min or so but damn, it’s beautiful out there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Radar is definitely exploding but it looks like it's all advancing northeast rather quickly and the changeover line is lagging behind.

IF....dangerous word...the euro idea is correct another band develops behind the current back edge as the upper level support closes off and catches up to the surface low in the next few hours.  I think that band will develop...its on ALL guidance now...but some develops it up over PA and some over MD.  We will see soon.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

IF....dangerous word...the euro idea is correct another band develops behind the current back edge as the upper level support closes off and catches up to the surface low in the next few hours.  I think that band will develop...its on ALL guidance now...but some develops it up over PA and some over MD.  We will see soon.  

So... what you’re saying is that it splits the difference and pops over you and I? ;)

Good catch man. 

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

The wait was worth it - ripping snow again finally in Emmitsburg - just got a nice walk in it. One new inch on top of four earlier and likely a few more if this holds for an hour or so...

Happy for you. Take that dog out for a walk and pee on a tree. You pee. Not the dog.

• Haha 2

Lots of sleet in Gaithersburg, with a layer of glaze on trees.  Saw all the precip types, and it’s nice to end on a wintry note! Ended the event with a beer walk in the sleet, could be worse. Cheers y’all 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

1-4am is the likely timeframe if it materializes. Don’t look now, but there may be some back building commencing as we speak. ULLs gotta swing through eventually. 

Back building radar!? Bingo bingo!! Where’s that damn bingo card. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Yep starting to pick up and changeover to a majority snow here. The back edge has slowed w of HGR, but it’s still moving NE a bit. Cue @psuhoffmanto tell us where the lagging ULL energy is to spark off some good banding if it shall come.

As the system finally closes off its mid and upper level circulation we will see this current band continue to pivot, but it will also backbuild and fill a little...how fast that happens will determine our fate.  I made my stance...I think we get a decent snowfall tonight...but we will see.  

• Like 4