• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

With this extra snow it finally got powdery enough for drifting! (had to do it!) but it is true! The back stairs look like a Ski slop now because he steps have snow drifted all up them!

2cdf50fa2cd853348c7c445d8e81b684.jpg

unless someone who should be getting ice reports snow or someone in the mountains who rarely posts stops by, feel pretty confident we are good here!

Evening y’all. After fighting for good sleep for 2 hrs earlier today, I managed to finally pass out until my
alarm went off at 930. Time to get ready for one final mid shift. In the meantime, I hope everyone in here got to cash in on some snow today. I haven’t looked at anything, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I’ll be checking in off and on tonight when I got time. Enjoy the winter weather

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

9dde905e2b9ae5e901af54e733cb3b83.jpg
unless someone who should be getting ice reports snow or someone in the mountains who rarely posts stops by, feel pretty confident we are good here!

Man I wish bob chill were here for this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This band that just popped up over Winchester was modelled very well by the HRRR. Maybe that is a good sign for the band later for you MD guys. 

Banding popping overhead in carroll county as we speak. It’s purdy out there. 

Moderate snow. Picked up another inch since switching back to snow

Up to 7" of snow/sleet now.

I've surpassed my seasonal total of last year. Had to go back to last season's snow totals thread to check. I only had 5.5 last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, poolz1 said:

Best show of the day right now.  Very impressive rates, perfect dendrites...wind. Wow...

Bring that over here! We’re snowing pretty good with the wind, but give me those dendrites and good snow growth! 

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Bring that over here! We’re snowing pretty good with the wind, but give me those dendrites and good snow growth! 

Honestly did not expect this...still intense out there.   

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Some flakes mixing in.

There is sleet all the way into NW NJ in this garbage storm, FYI. So those who get to double digits are very lucky indeed! 

Those who get a single digit greater than or equal to 1” are lucky in my opinion.

• Like 2

Got to see extremely heavy snowfall in December after almost 2 years of barely seeing snow at all. Pretty pleased with how today turned out considering our climo and barely any cold air in place. Hopefully a precursor for a somewhat active winter 

• Like 3