Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,041
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting


WxUSAF

Recommended Posts

Guys. The radar looks exactly like what was planned if anyone had any doubts. There was supposed to be limited QG Vector convergence until between 12-15z, then things will begin blossoming quickly heading north. By 18z, there should be a formidable slug and by 21z, it’ll be a wall of precip.

Heading to bed. One more mid left. Good luck to all. I hope to wake up to obs of SN+, ripping fatties, and puking snow. Have fun!


.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This gradient being shown on maps is insane. 12”+ with less than 3” 20-30 miles away in some cases.... 

either some folks expecting 12” are gonna be super disappointed, or the I-95 corridor is in for a little treat. 

 

so far: HP is a bit stronger / south of progged. Not sure if that means anything but there’s a decent CAD signature down into VA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12z HRRR.  Warmest period between 3-7...if you stay more frozen this afternoon, you are overperforming.

B22F7E00-5A15-4975-B318-FB760B77471D.png

F09939FC-4A09-4C02-BBA7-6664C6F19DBE.png

DEE4E228-B389-43F9-89D3-7BD3BF55517D.png

What an absolutely incredible contrast in Baltimore county, assuming that the snow map only counts actual snow as snow.

It has my old home literally right on the edge of the good stuff, with a rapid drop just miles away. Makes for an incredibly tough forecast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Good morning everyone! It’s going to do something today in the DMV weather world . Yep. I said it. The “S” word. “Something” :lol:

 

Eta: I always forget the best weenie radar. Who has a good one to use?  I do have Radarscope, but its not weenie enough for me. 

 

Static map

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jayyy said:

This gradient being shown on maps is insane. 12”+ with less than 3” 20-30 miles away in some cases.... 

either some folks expecting 12” are gonna be super disappointed, or the I-95 corridor is in for a little treat. 

 

so far: HP is a bit stronger / south of progged. Not sure if that means anything but there’s a decent CAD signature down into VA

My area is crazy. Verbatim I think I'm right in the 6-7 range but I could almost throw a rock northwest and hit the 12+ and drive 10 miles to my southeast and have 1-2 or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...