Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,041
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting


WxUSAF

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Fozz said:

What an absolutely incredible contrast in Baltimore county, assuming that the snow map only counts actual snow as snow.

It has my old home literally right on the edge of the good stuff, with a rapid drop just miles away. Makes for an incredibly tough forecast.

Just remember that if you are under the heavy sleet band the snow map will be substantially lower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

38cc56414e9c707a33af79590a1f7d69.jpg
Managed to hit a lot of these without snow having even begun in most spots yet. Godspeed everyone.

30.5/22

32F and I have some sprinkles down here in Lusby so you can cross off rain observation from SE Maryland. Or I'll report back when the heavy rain starts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone posted a sounding showing a thin +0 line around 800-850 and wondered if rates could overcome. That seems to be what is happening here, lets up a bit, sleet. The harder the precip the more snow mixes in. All snow in last 5 minutes and pouring, 29.5/27.7. I've gone sleet/snow/sleet snow several times this morning, all depending on rates falling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Someone posted a sounding showing a thin +0 line around 800-850 and wondered if rates could overcome. That seems to be what is happening here, lets up a bit, sleet. The harder the precip the more snow mixes in. All snow in last 5 minutes and pouring, 29.5/27.7. I've gone sleet/snow/sleet snow several times this morning, all depending on rates falling.

That was me :D. And I only know because I’ve experienced it before

Wait, I didn’t post a sounding. But I did post about rates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Someone posted a sounding showing a thin +0 line around 800-850 and wondered if rates could overcome. That seems to be what is happening here, lets up a bit, sleet. The harder the precip the more snow mixes in. All snow in last 5 minutes and pouring, 29.5/27.7. I've gone sleet/snow/sleet snow several times this morning, all depending on rates falling.

We're all sleet down here now instead of freezing rain. However, if sleet lets up, go back to ZR. We're building a nice layer of cement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...