• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

And for those popping in from PA, thanks for stopping by! Just remember this is a very DC/Baltimore centric forum, so don't be surprised if we never talk about PA and shun your snow  . But here's a local met's snowmap for you  

[mention=5196]medmax[/mention]...it was a bit of an inside joke. My kind take? South Central PA isn’t part of this forum and the majority of people here won’t see a significant storm. I’d wager that many of those people don’t care to hear about how much of a “pummeling” the mountain dwellers in the Blue Ridge receive, let along folks outside of our forum.

Tapatalk gives me these highlighted sub forums to select from and I hadn’t realized this one damn time I clicked into MA instead of NY/PA. Sorry guys. Haven’t been back to this forum for a few years. When I lived in Boston, I was a regular to the SNE forum. Native to York (Dover), PA. FWIW, my car is from Owings Mills, MD giphy.gif&key=5b19ca240bf3586f471e27f27e6b771ef645b316f8f278437ea450b127c4d07f INCIDENTALLY, It just got its winter tires on last week!

Just now, medmax said:

Maybe it’s a limitation of Tapatalk but all I see is mid Atlantic. Hadn’t realized this one damn time I clicked into MA instead of NY/PA. Sorry guys. Haven’t been back to this forum for a few years. When I lived in Boston, I was a regular. Native to York (Dover), PA. FWIW, my car is from Audi of Owings Mills giphy.gif

ha! all good. we dont mind people dropping in to check out met's thoughts and what have you, but we won't be talking about PA snow very much down here, and many won't even be welcome to entertaining posters from the area. Just something to keep in mind :)

• Thanks 1

I know March 2017 was mentioned earlier as a possible comparison to this one. There was also a storm in 2007 I think where it was supposed to maybe snow a bit and then turn to ice and then rain and we got way more snow than expected. Maybe six inches or something. It was on a weekend and I had to work and I remember it being a really tough commute home on 695.

ha! all good. we dont mind people dropping in to check out met's thoughts and what have you, but we won't be talking about PA snow very much down here, and many won't even be welcome to entertaining posters from the area. Just something to keep in mind

No worries! Wishing you guys the coldest of vertical columns all day long today and tomorrow...
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I know March 2017 was mentioned earlier as a possible comparison to this one. There was also a storm in 2007 I think where it was supposed to maybe snow a bit and then turn to ice and then rain and we got way more snow than expected. Maybe six inches or something. It was on a weekend and I had to work and I remember it being a really tough commute home on 695.

I had over 4” of snow and sleet in March 2017. At this point that would be fantastic. A euro solution would do it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Either Valentine's Day 2007 or the one in March...I got 5" of sleet in Philly from the March storm.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

lol... I remember that storm in 2007... I was out late the night before and was partying hard for several days... I had no idea it was supposed to snow.. I woke up that afternoon and there was 10 inches on the ground.. first and only time a snow storm surprised me

5 minutes ago, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, mappy said:
Been a while since I've had to submit snow totals to LWX -- friendly reminder, measure every hour, clear every six! 

Clear my rain?

yeah, i think waterboy posted a gif in banter yesterday showing you how to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic