• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

[mention=2304]psuhoffman[/mention] Good to see the Nest coming in with its worst run of the whole storm so far. That was pretty ugly. Lower precip, blasts the boundary layer easterlies to the Alleghany front, and then misses any wrap around love on the back end. Good lord, I hope that's wrong for everyone. 
Also starts any snow much later like 1pm

12 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

@psuhoffman Good to see the Nest coming in with its worst run of the whole storm so far. That was pretty ugly. Lower precip, blasts the boundary layer easterlies to the Alleghany front, and then misses any wrap around love on the back end. Good lord, I hope that's wrong for everyone. 

The frustrating thing is the track is great. Stays offshore. But I think we’re stuck in a no win here. The runs with an offshore track have a worse mid level phase. That’s why they don’t tuck up the bay. But without closing off their mid level circulation even with an offshore track they blast the warm layer inland. The tuck up the bay runs have a much tighter structure due to a closer mid level circulation but the track to the bay screws us. That said the inside track with a better closed circulation/tighter thermal profile seems to be the better result if your NW of 95. It was disheartening to see both the 12k and 3k NAM pull the same identical garbage. 

• Thanks 1

The frustrating thing is the track is great. Stays offshore. But I think we’re stuck in a no win here. The runs with an offshore track have a worse mid level phase. That’s why they don’t tuck up the bay. But without closing off their mid level circulation even with an offshore track they blast the warm layer inland. The tuck up the bay runs have a much tighter structure due to a closer mid level circulation but the track to the bay screws us. That said the inside track with a better closed circulation/tighter thermal profile seems to be the better result if your NW of 95. It was disheartening to see both the 12k and 3k NAM pull the same identical garbage. 
The hrrr has similar track to nam but isn't doing this crap

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic