Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,041
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast


Baroclinic Zone

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Congrats on the baby!  Old hood was mainly underground but above ground here.  No flickers in the past few minutes thankfully.   The old hood lost power all the time ironically 

Thanks Jerry

I’ll find out soon enough if love of weather is inherited or learned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Thanks Jerry

I’ll find out soon enough if love of weather is inherited or learned

Boy or girl?  None of my 3 inherited unfortunately but my 2 sons spent a lot of growing up time in California.  Enjoy every minute of parenthood!  It’s great at times, tough at other times, but if you pay attention it’s rewarding as heck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Thanks... not seeing any reports of this. Unsure whether BOX has the reports, or they're short staffed?  Thank you for this!

Hey Walt .. I had 6” here at 1K in Tolland . Here’s BOX pns . Quite a few 6+ reports.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BOX&product=PNS&issuedby=BOX

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wonder if ORH is warm at times. Even Kevin got to 32 and Will said it was 32 at winter hill. 

Yeah I was wondering if the airport was running a degree warm or so. Several of the other mesosites around there got to 32 as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey Walt .. I had 6” here at 1K in Tolland . Here’s BOX pns . Quite a few 6+ reports.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BOX&product=PNS&issuedby=BOX

 

MUCH MUCH better. Just took a look at snow fall and many of these reports were not LSR'd (I don't think).  Appreciate the update...  lots to chase at these WFO's. Some easier to note what is timely, than at others.  Do not like that statement: Latest.  Always should have date-time. Permits a person to immediately know if something is timely for their use. Done w my  complaint.  Thanks for keeping me up to speed.  Walt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31.7 with light but steady snow over the last few hours which has actually accumulated much better than during heavier rates seen this morning. Getting some good gusts too, feels very wintery. Knocking on the door of 3.5 inches, hoping some of these bands pivoting in from the NE provide a little boost

Getting down to lake level, probably just over an inch and a half, the accumulating burst during late morning didn't make it down there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, tamarack said:

About the same depth here, not quite the morning forecast of 12-18 nor the midstream update to 8-12, as the good bands refused to come more than about 5 miles NW of I-95.  Heavy precip now is downeast, but probably RA/mix within 30 miles of salt water.  Many flickers here and 7-8 full blacks - only for 1-2 seconds, not enough to start the gennie but plenty to foul up computers and TV.

3.5" for you... wow.  That looked like a lock for 8"+ too.

We definitely over-estimated the dynamic cooling and should certainly pay better attention to 2-M temps next time.  Last night's 00z EURO had widespread >0C surface temps as of 8pm tonight but as a forum I don't think we really discussed that aspect.  The idea was the dynamics would flip it easily to stackable snow.

Wonder what your QPF is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m calling it 8.5” final.  I had been hoping for 9-12”. So this was close.  I wasn’t buying the 15-18” amounts clown maps were spitting out

Awful to clear though.  Pretty water logged.  Chute kept getting jammed up 

Just picked up a 2021 Ariens platinum 24 sho this morning. Don’t think it will be needed but might fire it up for fun in the am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...