Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

24 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Absolute disaster of a storm up here. Rained most of the day, then about an hour of non-accumulating snow to sleet/rain mix, back to snow, but only about 0.1" of slush. 33.1

Total disaster here too.   I expected 8-14".   There is no snow down at Newfound Lake level where most people live.  At my elevation of 1100 feet I switched to snow mid day but temp has been stuck at 32.5 to 32.7F.   With light rates all day I have only picked up an inch or a bit more.   A friend up at 1600 feet says he has received 6" so far.  I was worried about the east ticks so we didn't get the rates to bring down cold air.

2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Pretty decent amount of outages to the east by Hudson and Pelham. Doesn’t seem to be too much in Nashua. Meh. -SN.

I'm glad that I didn't update my map from yesterday. Sticking with a max of 6-12" was right idea.  I had us personally for 3-6" thinking we would see around the 6" which I think we are probably closing in on.

Fun storm, but no way my 3-6 (or NWS 4-8) for Boston area verifies seeing as we are in the CCB now and it’s underwhelming.

I get the disappointment. Take aside the well anticipated poor snow growth and melting, it still overall seems less dynamic than most guidance progged.

Even for ORH hills and north, seems it underperformed.

Did we even have a single report of thundersnow anywhere?

• Like 1

Just now, wxsniss said:

Fun storm, but no way my 3-6 (or NWS 4-8) for Boston area verifies seeing as we are in the CCB now and it’s underwhelming.

I get the disappointment. Take aside the well anticipated poor snow growth and melting, it still overall seems less dynamic than most guidance progged.

Don’t think I saw any +TSSN reports. End of the day I don’t think it was an underperformer I think it was a performer. The weenie map widespread 12’’+ totals were always crap. 

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Garbage airmass and weenie 10:1 maps thrown around like candy. I think there was a report from Auburn of TSSN, but it probably was a plow. I never felt good for here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Power just went out here..I think the duration and intensity of the rain has been the biggest surprise thus far, at least along the coast. Glad I'm not dealing with that nasty paste this early in the season, especially after going balls to the wall with the yardwork just yesterday!