Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Eustis, Maine homie. 

Hey man how was the trip? I made a quick spot change this am. I have no clue how my original spots doing but I’m doing fine here. Kind of wish I made the little extra trip to Maine, but no complaints. I wasn’t expected anything crazy I just didn’t get like any snow last year so I’ve been feening 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Garbage airmass and weenie 10:1 maps thrown around like candy. I think there was a report from Auburn of TSSN, but it probably was a plow. I never felt good for here.

That's exactly why I raised the thundersnow example... has nothing to do with garbage airmass or weenie 10:1 maps.

We had several instability profiles posted yesterday, talk of CSI, multiple Mets and AFDs that mentioned the possibility if not likelihood of thunder over central MA. It's just one objective measure that did not pan out.

Not at all a complaint, and nothing you or anyone here can control, maybe unless you're a plow driver :)

NWS forecasts will bust too high for large portions of SNE, but this was a fun early season storm in the books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

it's funny . I bet Chris at 425' has less slop and more paste in Nashua

I’ll see what my parents ~300 ft on the Hollis border is like tomorrow. Might be a little nicer looking than the slop we have downtown. 

12 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

That's exactly why I raised the thundersnow example... has nothing to do with garbage airmass or weenie 10:1 maps.

We had several instability profiles posted yesterday, talk of CSI, multiple Mets and AFDs that mentioned the possibility if not likelihood of thunder over central MA. It's just one objective measure that did not pan out.

Not at all a complaint, and nothing you or anyone here can control, maybe unless you're a plow driver :)

NWS forecasts will bust too high for large portions of SNE, but this was a fun early season storm in the books.

Probably would have helped to have better fronto and an actually antecedent airmass. But getting instability for TSSN isn’t linear. Maybe a few joules more and it would have been a MCS. Who knows. Precip was very heavy and convective like for a time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Animal said:

A good bust builds character.

DT posted last night that he was going low with snow totals. Dew points.

sorta surprised to read the berks got skunked!!

DT was right, kudos deserved for him. I was thinking in terms of how these storms often go for New England with a colder airmass. I guess this airmass really is that lame. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Probably would have helped to have better fronto and an actually antecedent airmass. But getting instability for TSSN isn’t linear. Maybe a few joules more and it would have been a MCS. Who knows. Precip was very heavy and convective like for a time.

Yep, you would think with a cold airmass and a high in place ahead of this that the overrunning would have been better and more ingredients to bomb out the low. It definitely did take a good track though for many of us even down to the Philly area. Big waste other than the areas that did do well today.