Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Torching into the mid 90's with awful dews, ...but there's still a chance of snow.

A Hallmark movie is currently being filmed in my county.  These shots are from Woodstock.  

woodstock inn snow.jpg

christmas barn snow.jpg

Ha, nice.  I posted a few shots my parents sent a few days ago.

Winter in Woodstock.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

How's that going to work with leaves on the trees?  Last time I checked in those nature books, deciduous trees loose their leaves long before Winter.

lol. yup. Even watching those movies, unless the camera is pointed directly at some conifer or holy bush the whole thing looks uber fake.  My guess is they will avoid panning up past the 1st floor 

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Torching into the mid 90's with awful dews, ...but there's still a chance of snow.

A Hallmark movie is currently being filmed in my county.  These shots are from Woodstock.  

woodstock inn snow.jpg

christmas barn snow.jpg

Doubled your seasonal total for 19-20?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dews do increase the likelihood of shitty mornings...I don’t think that’s an outlandish statement. 

Well for me on days I don’t work (Saturday-Monday), morning doesn’t exist before 10 at the earliest.  Burns off by then.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Well for me on days I don’t work (Saturday-Monday), morning doesn’t exist before 10 at the earliest.  Burns off by then.

Fair enough. This stretch has been relatively sunny and dry though so I have no issues with the humidity. Some mornings have been wasted but nothing like Jul-Aug 2018. I played golf yesterday from 1-5 in it, carried my bag too. This pales in comparison to that monsoon summer.

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wait is that making fun of a 'cool' run, or a 'warm' one...  

Not making fun of anything. Just pointing out how the GFS was doing everything within its power in the mid/late range to keep the heat out of here. It tried another prolonged retrograde of CAA garbage like it did earlier in the month. Looks like 18z is continuing the theme. Another GFS vs EC battle?

17 hours ago, dendrite said:

Not making fun of anything. Just pointing out how the GFS was doing everything within its power in the mid/late range to keep the heat out of here. It tried another prolonged retrograde of CAA garbage like it did earlier in the month. Looks like 18z is continuing the theme. Another GFS vs EC battle?

Oh well you know I’ve been bitching about GFS ablating ridges like some kind of cosmic scale grinder for the past three years frankly ha ha Ha but yeah. 

it’s been doing that it just seems to have a permanent barrier northwest flow between us and the Canadian maritimes and will just never get rid of it it’s almost like they parameterized the model to lock that there. 

Not to toot horns but I did warn people back in spring that the GFS was gonna be a real problem model for sniffing out heAt in New England and it’s been wrong about the last two heat waves because of that right as expected.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, weathafella said:

Way up firm and high referring to “points of her own”

True--but it's more fun within the context of Kevin's post.

14 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

woodstock inn snow.jpg

christmas barn snow.jpg

My wife and daughter will be thrilled to have a new Hallmark movie. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Not to give too much away but I have on good authority that the focus of the movie will be on family.  The story will focus on a woman (probably going back to her hometown for the holidays).  She will meet a potential love interest- maybe even a former flame.  Sadly there will be a misunderstanding and it appears that they will never get past it.  Phew, they connect at the end just in time for Christmas morning to find that Santa has brought love and a puppy.

Sadly Santa took the first batch of rain just to my south.  Hopefully some showers for the garden later.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, klw said:

Not to give too much away but I have on good authority that the focus of the movie will be on family.  The story will focus on a woman (probably going back to her hometown for the holidays).  She will meet a potential love interest- maybe even a former flame.  Sadly there will be a misunderstanding and it appears that they will never get past it.  Phew, they connect at the end just in time for Christmas morning to find that Santa has brought love and a puppy.

Change the setting and the season and that's every Hallmark movie.  :D

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

That is good to hear, because they will get at least 40 new Christmas flicks to choose from.
https://www.etonline.com/40-new-hallmark-christmas-movies-for-2020-149694

• Haha 1