Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

My rough estimate is that at 70% rh the TD is 10° below temp, at 50% it's 20° and at 30% the span is around 35° though much below 50% with the increasing rate of Temp minus TD makes that estimate fuzzy .  At 30% rh the dews are dropping nearly a degree with each 1% reduction of rh and the TD difference between 10% and 9% might be 3-4° (or more).  I do a proportional interpolation between 70% and 100 (3% change in rh = 1° in TD) and between 50 and 70 (2% = 1°), somewhat inaccurate at the edges but easy.

Edit:  Except at high temps the TD drops a bit faster relative to rh decrease and in cold wx a lot less.  ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

NWS El Paso has had wx calcs up for as long as I can remember there being the internet.

https://www.weather.gov/epz/wxcalc

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2020 at 1:02 PM, weatherwiz said:

GFS hinting at potential for a NW flow event next Monday. Very warm and humid airmass at the sfc with strong shear aloft and s/w

image.png.e2b63f15023a8680b59eaf58b25f4b23.png

“NW flow event” ??

haha lol. Is that like 6-8” of hail ending as drizzle

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Can't say I remember seeing this before. Lots of younger white and black birch trees in our neighborhood have leaves going yellow already. The neighbors have a 40 footer that is turning as well. Lack of rain fall? 

That would be my guess. Not the hardiest of trees.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I can't imagine what the traffic was like. The summer prior we were staying with friends in Truro and leaving to go meetup with others in Freeport, Maine. Was a random Tues/Wed and a line of storms went through, nothing crazy just a decent severe storm. A couple trees went down and it took us over 4 hours to get from Truro to the Canal. 

One think out of the ordinary this year in my yard has been the number of pine cones that have come down.  I have a couple on the perimeter and they've dropped thousands of them each of varying size and maturity.  No acorns though.  House up in Maine was a different story.  Acorns everywhere.