Total Members
    Most Online
    Blue Moon
    Newest Member
    Blue Moon

July 2020 Discussion

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Even late week is still 90 ish..Just dews in the 60’s instead of 70’s

Is that 90ish at BDL and dews on the Davis?  

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Kinda meh locally. Lots or cirrus, only managed 86 on my home station 

not convincing, no

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

BTV pulled it off in 2018, they might have done it twice even that year?

They were like 85F with a 20mph south wind at 3am... I remember the AFD that morning was talking about palm trees and Caribbean winds.

Glad we don't live there.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:26 PM, Typhoon Tip said:

Without some kind of super volcanism or extra terrestrial impact event nobody alive sees below normal decade in the next hundred years

Speaking of summer's of "Yore"... pretty soon all the hot summer of yores will be gone.  Replace by recent summers.

In BTV, the last 3 July's are in the top 4 hottest since 1883, lol. 

This July will absolutely destroy the other ones after the next 3-4 days too, as it's already running decently above the number 2 slot from 2018.  #4 is 2019.

Every July just gets a little bit hotter.

July_Heat_BTV.jpg.b031ecf89306877bc785825cbddccae1.jpg

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks like basically a dry fropa Wednesday in SNE. Temps still over 90 all week. Drought and torch really getting a stranglehold.

Def a hot next 7 days incoming.

Any hints at a regression to normal in the LR (7+ days out), pattern change up?

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only NNE and maybe NW Mass / S Vt

Farther SE no forcing . Dry fropa   See NAM/ Euro 

NAM has iso severe Tuesday PM

I’m looking forward to WAR and increasing tropical activity with also greater than normal east coast hits possible.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m looking forward to WAR and increasing tropical activity with also greater than normal east coast hits possible.

Yeah we’ve got a ton of humidity coming in Augorch . Less high heat but high high dews with canes

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah we’ve got a ton of humidity coming in Augorch . Less high heat but high high dews with canes

Good! Don't think I can take much more of this heat. Boston is a full 0.7 above normal for the month!

• Confused 1

I don't know, Brian ...

still looks to me like the Euro trough axis ( 500 mb isohypsotic layout) remains west ... 

The 12z NAM is really not very cfropa convincing now through 60 hours...  Has ALB with SW BL flow, and hypsometric values at or exceeding 570 DAM at 60 hours... with 27 C in the T1 late Wednesday does not in total hearken to the front really getting through. 

Looks like a hang-up job to me.  

I'm only saying because we could be setting up for some convection ... TCU as this p.o.s. con-job heat wave collapses into theta-e pooling

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know, Brian ...

still looks to me like the Euro trough axis ( 500 mb isohypsotic layout) remains west ... 

The 12z NAM is really not very cfropa convincing now through 60 hours...  Has ALB with SW BL flow, and hypsometric values at or exceeding 570 DAM at 60 hours... with 27 C in the T1 late Wednesday does not in total hearken to the front really getting through. 

Looks like a hang-up job to me.  

I'm only saying because we could be setting up for some convection ... TCU as this p.o.s. con-job heat wave collapses into theta-e pooling

There's a front going through on the 12z NAM, but it's pretty weak. More of a weak moisture boundary than any temp difference. Probably more near 90F temps for SNE Wed since there's little CAA and the drier W flow let's us heat up a bit more. Then it has the dews advecting right back in later on Wednesday. So yeah, maybe it ends up hanging up even more somewhere near the south coast.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There's a front going through on the 12z NAM, but it's pretty weak. More of a weak moisture boundary than any temp difference. Probably more near 90F temps for SNE Wed since there's little CAA and the drier W flow let's us heat up a bit more. Then it has the dews advecting right back in later on Wednesday. So yeah, maybe it ends up hanging up even more somewhere near the south coast.

actually frontalysis is an option too... 

I just want strobe lightning -haha

This last heatwave really cranked up the departure.  +4.7F now.  Only one day in the last 2 weeks with a high below 90F.  Today should be the last.