Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not sure what’s gotten into you lately, but please bring old Freak back. 

It must be the NNE heat and humidity... or the lack of objectiveness.  I don’t seem to be the only one affected judging by the past few days on here.  

Still love you man, ha.  Glad it felt like you wanted it to today regardless of the number.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It must be the NNE heat and humidity... or the lack of objectiveness.  I don’t seem to be the only one affected judging by the past few days on here.  

Still love you man, ha.  Glad it felt like you wanted it to today regardless of the number.

I don’t know. But this place really sucks anymore. Accusations of lying, people being nasty.. just basically sucks 

5 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Finally we may have a good evening for Comet Neowise.  Visability even with higher dews is pretty good up here.  Hope the high cirrus from the MCS complex north of Michigan doesn't make it too far SE

Comet viewing cancelled here. Too cloudy. Plus I don't want to stay up that late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Only 11 weeks until we get snow, you can make it.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just for the sake of the old days .. current conditions in Tolland 

ucLgrfs.jpg

Nice. Looks like you could almost have turned the AC off and opened the windows there. ;)

What was your high there? Based on the time you posted that you were a little cooler than the Stafford station at 900ft. Their high was only 87F, but they report hourly. ORH peaked at 87F too. So I assume you were in that ballpark.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nice. Looks like you could almost have turned the AC off and opened the windows there. ;)

What was your high there? Based on the time you posted that you were a little cooler than the Stafford station at 900ft. Their high was only 87F, but they report hourly. ORH peaked at 87F too. So I assume you were in that ballpark.

3015 at BDL, a math major could figure out his exact elevation 

54 minutes ago, radarman said:

Have to agree.  Drunken Rabbit in S Hadley has a nice patio and new West Coast IPA that's pretty decent.

Have been craving some west coast IPA... and an open establishment to consume it.  

Sadly I have yet to go to their brewery!  
Building 8 IPA is a fine local example of a W Coast hybrid.  Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, after all these years, still sets the bar for West Coast. 

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sadly I have yet to go to their brewery!  
Building 8 IPA is a fine local example of a W Coast hybrid.  Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, after all these years, still sets the bar for West Coast. 

I tried to find some Ballast Point Sculpin but apparently it's all back ordered.  Green Flash cans are not a bad option in the meantime.    

Was a So Cal like afternoon once we mixed out, pretty sweet.

2 hours ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Not much support for 100 from what I see. I'm thinking 96-98 for the hottest temps regionally with dews in the 60s at peak heating time.  Not earth shattering but a hot and toasty July day.

It'll be an unwelcome change when I return to ORH from the forecasted 82* at Pit2.

Alas.