Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Make This Forum Great Again

Just like the country we are already great, warts and all.  Let’s focus on how to lift each other up.  Scott’s struggling, but he’s a workhorse poster that we’re all grateful for.  Rays mood swings are what make him interesting.  Ginxy has a soft core just under that occasionally thin skin.  And Will And Jeff are just as steady as she goes.  Don’t you smile a bit at Bobs prickliness and Kevin’s multiple personality disorder?  And isn’t Brian‘s emergence as Zeus’s understudy just a beautiful thing even if the wit misses once in 100 tries?  I could go on, but I say Forward Together!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

23 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Just like the country we are already great, warts and all.  Let’s focus on how to lift each other up.  Scott’s struggling, but he’s a workhorse poster that we’re all grateful for.  Rays mood swings are what make him interesting.  Ginxy has a soft core just under that occasionally thin skin.  And Will And Jeff are just as steady as she goes.  Don’t you smile a bit at Bobs prickliness and Kevin’s multiple personality disorder?  And isn’t Brian‘s emergence as Zeus’s understudy just a beautiful thing even if the wit misses once in 100 tries?  I could go on, but I say Forward Together!

Lol, no one will understand how we roll

Decided to look up the worst (least snowiest) Jan 1st to Feb 10th periods in ORH on record....first column is the snow they had in that period....the 2nd column is how much they got the rest of the season:

1980: 0.8"....16.2"

1955: 4.0"....10.0"

1944: 4.5"....20.9"

1919: 5.0"....16.6"

1989: 5.0"....17.7"

2020: 5.7"....?????

2007: 5.9"....42.1"

1913: 6.0"....6.7"

1992: 6.4"....19.2"

1937: 6.9"....12.0"

1947: 7.2"....19.1"

1933: 7.6"....56.2"

1962: 7.9"....45.6"

1997: 9.0"....49.3"

January 1913 popped up again (we discussed that month during the 70F torch last month)....epic weenie suicides that year hanging themselves by their knickers. That was the worst season for post-Feb 10th snowfall on the list too. You can see that 2020 is pretty bad for Jan 1-Feb 10 snowfall....just outside the top 5.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Heat Miser said:

Just like this winter, several posters have retreated to their corners bruised and bloody, trying to catch their breath.

Personally, I'd like to be tracking some toasty days as we approach Morch, but it looks like SNE is riding with "meh" for the next couple of weeks.

Perhaps this winter will be like the epic 2018 showdown between Fury and Wilder, the fight in which Fury somehow got back on his feet in the 12 round after nearly being counted out.....likely wishful thinking!

51 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Decided to look up the worst (least snowiest) Jan 1st to Feb 10th periods in ORH on record....first column is the snow they had in that period....the 2nd column is how much they got the rest of the season:

1980: 0.8"....16.2"

1955: 4.0"....10.0"

1944: 4.5"....20.9"

1919: 5.0"....16.6"

1989: 5.0"....17.7"

2020: 5.7"....?????

2007: 5.9"....42.1"

1913: 6.0"....6.7"

1992: 6.4"....19.2"

1937: 6.9"....12.0"

1947: 7.2"....19.1"

1933: 7.6"....56.2"

1962: 7.9"....45.6"

1997: 9.0"....49.3"

January 1913 popped up again (we discussed that month during the 70F torch last month)....epic weenie suicides that year hanging themselves by their knickers. That was the worst season for post-Feb 10th snowfall on the list too. You can see that 2020 is pretty bad for Jan 1-Feb 10 snowfall....just outside the top 5.

We had some bad winters growing up but some reason that 1980 season sticks out to me.  I just remember how dry it was and the lack of snow didn't help.  I didn't know any better though.  I remember stories before the Olympics in Lake Placid how they were trucking snow in but then it started snowing up there just in time.  I think BDL wound up with less than 10" of snow that year?  Perhaps living through all that is why I'm just a take what you get when you get it kind of guy.

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What the hell did I say about @Dryslot to deserve that?

It was general statement by the whole tone in here about how the winter has gone and the way some are acting about it, Everyone wants snow, Its winter, So i can see the frustration, I'm not overly joyed how its gone, You can't get back what you missed.

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Perhaps this winter will be like the epic 2018 showdown between Fury and Wilder, the fight in which Fury somehow got back on his feet in the 12 round after nearly being counted out.....likely wishful thinking!

I def. don't see a 2018 like turn around...I was confident of the big finish heading into that seaaon and it was apparent by this time that year that the script would indeed flip. However, I still think this one has more to offer than this.