Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I see no problem with Tips question. He wasn’t coming from an agenda, it was a thought out idea.

If you notice it’s always the folks who are in denial/have a right wing agenda about climate change that don’t want to talk about except in its own little special place. It’s relevant to the weather as Tip has apply here demonstrated.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

If you notice it’s always the folks who are in denial/have a right wing agenda about climate change that don’t want to talk about except in its own little special place. It’s relevant to the weather as Tip has apply here demonstrated.

But if there's a thread for it...why not talk about it in the appropriate thread?  Whether you are a believer or whatever there's a thread for it.  And can you stop with the political BS Mark all the time.  Cuz there's plenty of Political rhetoric on the Left that doesn't add up either.  So that's why any of this is best discussed in the appropriate thread.    

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But if there's a thread for it...why not talk about it in the appropriate thread?  Whether you are a believer or whatever there's a thread for it.  And can you stop with the political BS Mark all the time.  Cuz there's plenty of Political rhetoric on the Left that doesn't add up either.  So that's why any of this is best discussed in the appropriate thread.    

First of all I don’t think what I’m saying is bullshit but everyone is entitled to their opinion. The bullshit is really the sort of weird and unsupported notion that is expressed on here by some of the climate change. That’s the bullshit As far as overwhelming scientific evidence goes, but I realize were living in the time of no science and fake news in Chinese hoax’s. Second of all I’ve never defended the ridiculous rhetoric that some times come from the left side. Thirdly tip brings climate change into the discussions of current patterns in a way that is relevant as many others on here including Scott have said. So I’m not going to stop. You’re free to block me, But you should know that I never blocked you when you went off on your ridiculous rants last year about Kevin. LOL and hugs

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

First of all I don’t think what I’m saying is bullshit but everyone is entitled to their opinion. The bullshit is really the sort of weird and unsupported notion that is expressed on here by some of the climate change. That’s the bullshit As far as overwhelming scientific evidence goes, but I realize were living in the time of neuroscience and fake news in Chinese hoax’s. Second of all I’ve never defended the ridiculous rhetoric that some times come from the left side. Thirdly tip brings climate change into the discussions of current patterns in a way that is relevant as many others on here including Scott have said. So I’m not going to stop. You’re free to block me, But you should know that I never blocked you when you went off on your ridiculous rants last year about Kevin. LOL and hugs

Mark I wouldn't block you, But you were very quick to say something about Right Wing ideas.   The poster that prompted your response just stated that there was an appropriate thread for CC.  And You were very quick to bring Politics into it.  And that's the point.  You have the right to believe as you wish, and so does anybody else.  

And I went off on rants cuz the person you referenced twists and makes up stories, which is a very different thing than this.   

I just think that if that's what a person believes...then it should be talked about in the appropriate thread.   

• Weenie 1

I see the affect of climate change on the Fall foliage. Year after year have been pretty bad in most of New England. Last October was really bad between Killington and Mad River Glen, acres of rust colored tree's. This area was always reliable in the 80's and 90's. The Summer heat and warm overnight lows now extend into September.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Mark I wouldn't block you, But you were very quick to say something about Right Wing ideas.   The poster that prompted your response just stated that there was an appropriate thread for CC.  And You were very quick to bring Politics into it.  And that's the point.  You have the right to believe as you wish, and so does anybody else.  

And I went off on rants cuz the person you referenced twists and makes up stories, which is a very different thing than this.   

I just think that if that's what a person believes...then it should be talked about in the appropriate thread.   

So you think what Scott saying is full of shit? Climate change unfortunately is a political issue it’s really hard to separate it.

22 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Lol me right wing, denier lol now that's a good one. Carry on with your agenda

• Like 1

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

So you think what Scott saying is full of shit? Climate change unfortunately is a political issue it’s really hard to separate it.

That's the problem...it should be separated in here at least.   Not everybody believes the same things, or the same causes.  I can bring up a ton of BS that the left wing dooms-dayers talked about 10-20 years ago that never happened and was all agenda driven; but I won't cuz it's all nonsense and doesn't have a place here on this forum/thread.  So that's my point.  

Enough of this crap anyway now...let's hope we get warm, or it snows good for us before the winter is over.  

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol me right wing, denier lol now that's a good one. Carry on with your agenda

Well we’ve never had an in-depth discussion about it Steve, which I would be delighted to do. But the way you react to it suggests indeed that you were in denial that climate change is man-made and unprecedented in terms of the last 800,000 or so years. And that position would be consistent with a percentage of people on the far right in this country including the president.  It is a shame that an issue like this needs to be so politicized. Maybe if the issue wasn’t made public by Democratic politician named Al gore then it wouldn’t have been so politicized, but it is it’s not fair to expect posters to not talk about it because you don’t like what they’re saying, especially when tip is relating it to the current pattern. I’ve said that like 10 times over the last couple of months it’s a legitimate in a pattern thread when it’s about the pattern.

There’s room for some CC reference in these threads but it honestly shouldn’t be the main topic....our weather is overwhelmingly dominated by natural variation on the scales we generally discuss in here...which is weeks and months.

There’s a reason places still get their coldest months on record even in today’s climate...and it’s not because of a warmer world either. It’s because natural variation can still overwhelm the underlying warming trend. 

If we want to debate in-depth how much CC contributed to a specific pattern, I think it’s best discussed in a different thread as these types of attribution studies are not very robust yet in the literature. The climate change signals show up on larger scales and larger samples. Polar jet in the means has migrated a half degree latitude north per the literature? Sure, that affects things. But that is a mean and not the same everywhere. In the CONUS it’s been less than that...mostly because we’ve had the trend higher in the N PAC. So therefore downstream there is a reaction to that. Yet, sometimes that trend is bucked...AK had their coldest January on record in 2012 and 13th coldest this year...certainly no thanks to a more northern PJ in the North Pacific. It was in spite of that trend. 

Attribution studies are changing all the time too...what was once the hot topic a few years prior can become obsolete. A good example is the changing literature on the arctic region. It was once thought that climate change would force more +NAO/+AO patterns. Then when we went through a remarkable period of -NAO/AO in the 2000s and early 2010s, the hot idea in the literature turned to arctic amplification and sea ice loss being the driver of arctic blocking. 

Now that idea has been challenged again in recent publications. Perhaps in response to more +AO patterns recently. 

I’m not mentioning this to discredit the science, but merely to point out the attribution studies to particular patterns are not robustly settled in the literature. It’s being debated. So we have to be careful about passing off the speculative as fact. 

There are great debates to be had on the subject...how does a larger scale trend affect us in the CONUS or New England? But I don’t want to turn the pattern thread into these all the time when people are mostly here to discuss the weather prospects in this month. 

• Thanks 9