Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Why?  Who's panicking?  We're diuscussing a shit pattern from now towards the end of the month.  What should we be discussing? Unicorns and Show Ponies?

I think everyone understands that the pattern sucks for sne...I think its best for the welfare of the forum if we just operate under the assumption that that is implicit, and refrain from pounding anyone over the head that dares to discuss snow during winter in a weather forum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Says the guy balls deep in snow. Easy for you to think that. I tell it how it is and have been pretty good lately. For those who don't like to hear it, I'm sorry...but I don't control it.  

I totally get it but do we need to do it every day for the next couple weeks?  

I’ve had some monster melts (Jan 2014) but we don’t do it every single day.  

Though in all honesty, we all love snow.  It’s a huge part of our enjoyment so I get it, but I’ve always thought when I melt it’s time to step away.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  Full on melts daily at this point.  It’s like when you try to console a crying toddler and they scream louder :lol:.

Everyone is so salty, even Bobby I don’t care about snow is starting to lose it.

I told him he was acting like a child yesterday,  glad I am not the only one sick of the whine butts.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Helluva thump.on the GFS

GFS def wasn't bad verbatim....prob advisory level snows at least down to pike and maybe into N CT. I'm just not expecting it to be correct....marginal midlevels ahead of it with low pressure up in Ontario/Quebec instead of a nice high creating resistance. I'm expecting this to tickle northwest until we're mostly out of the game. Euro is already nearly there.

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nobody is stopping people from tracking and hunting . The pattern is garbage and it’s not changing as far as eye can see, so it seems those that are dependent on fantasy snows to keep their mood up despite reality...may want to dab into another hobby as well...the silver lining is this appears serviceable for Ski resorts...so could be uglier 

Confused. Nobody is denying what it has been and what it looks like going forward. Tracking doesn’t mean denial. I’m not tracking as much, more in the wait and see approach, and I’m frustrated as anyone who’s continuously melting so to those that are...use the panic room or go do something else.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS def wasn't bad verbatim....prob advisory level snows at least down to pike and maybe into N CT. I'm just not expecting it to be correct....marginal midlevels ahead of it with low pressure up in Ontario/Quebec instead of a nice high creating resistance. I'm expecting this to tickle northwest until we're mostly out of the game. Euro is already nearly there.

May revert back to the 18Z though, time to watch. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

I totally get it but do we need to do it every day for the next couple weeks?  

I’ve had some monster melts (Jan 2014) but we don’t do it every single day.  

Though in all honesty, we all love snow.  It’s a huge part of our enjoyment so I get it, but I’ve always thought when I melt it’s time to step away.

It's not a melt, I explained in a few posts about the pattern going forward which then got attributed to a melt. Sure it's fun to give some crap here or there, but don't go after me because you don't want to hear it. I hate bringing bad news, but too many of us on here I think like to sugar coat it. I used to be that way, but that is just poor meteorology. We all know it could snow, but the pattern going forward just is not good down here. It's good to see you and all the ski areas doing well for sure. Happy for that. Maybe it is time to step away. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think everyone understands that the pattern sucks for sne...I think its best for the welfare of the forum if we just operate under the assumption that that is implicit, and refrain from pounding anyone over the head that dares to discuss snow during winter in a weather forum.

Exactly my point that I...with a migraine...could not get across as articulately. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It's not a melt, I explained in a few posts about the pattern going forward which then got attributed to a melt. Sure it's fun to give some crap here or there, but don't go after me because you don't want to hear it. I hate bringing bad news, but too many of us on here I think like to sugar coat it. I used to be that way, but that is just poor meteorology. We all know it could snow, but the pattern going forward just is not good down here. It's good to see you and all the ski areas doing well for sure. Happy for that. Maybe it is time to step away. 

You say the same thing day after day. It's old.  We get it you gave up. Find a new thread to say it in

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’ve always thought your general disposition towards winter was the same as mine over the years so I fully get it.  I assume caution and what could go wrong more than what could go right, lol.  

I get it dude.  I’d feel the same way.  I give Kev credit, he has pretty much just stepped away lol.  

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't see any sugar coating....

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

May revert back to the 18Z though, time to watch. 

Yeah I'll keep an eye on it...but I'm keeping expectations low. If we get a solid 30-40 mile tick south that looks consistent across model guidance, then I'll def start honking more....hard to see that happening though.

Still, we do get surprises in the positive direction on these sometimes. Just not this winter...lol. I'd feel a little more optimistic if the synoptics were good...we could really use a high holding firm to our north....even if that retreating high kind of hung on a little more in Maine/Nova Scotia, that might be enough. We've not been able to get the little nuances work for us very often....same longwave setup but with a little kink in the flow might produce a way more wintry result.....but we were due to regression. I feel like we've been overly lucky in the past decade-plus on front enders.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All of my melts generally get responded with... gasoline on the fire...

“Glad we don’t live there.” 

I remember I responded to several of your melts in 2015-2016 with that....lol. Or I trolled you with excessive cold maps after a cutter (or during an SNE special) in January 2014 less than a year after you complained you weren't getting good cold shots. Haha.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You think i care what people think of me?

If you were getting snow and some south coasters were whining like you do you would be moving and deleting their posts fast. I just think it's not part of a discussion when all we see are these oh me oh my posts, winters over, warm March etc etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve always thought your general disposition towards winter was the same as mine over the years so I fully get it.  I assume caution and what could go wrong more than what could go right, lol.  

I get it dude.  I’d feel the same way.  I give Kev credit, he has pretty much just stepped away lol.  

I honestly think I do that because so many assume (and it's not their fault) sometimes outcomes are more snowier than actuality. In the age of snow maps and such...I've probably just defaulted to that because I hate when bad information goes around. One of the worst outcomes I see on here, are those that say ("what happened to this good pattern....") because all they see are those that are chanting "days and says of snow..." etc.  So my response is usually to sort of squash that and it probably looks like I'm being negative. I just hate when bad info is out there. 

I guess for me the frustrations are just getting quite annoying. I've always said to myself if the posting quality goes down, time to step away. It's probably that time. 

• Like 1