• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Boy the models really nailed that western foist of the surface low toward the Maine coast.   You can really get a sense of that happening as we type, both sat and rad looping. 

I don't think this is going to end very fast in eastern Mass and coastal SE NH given that low needs to move along it's typical curved trajectory ...Fuji Wara style around the mid level vortex. It will probably start weakening, and that may dwindle off the intensity but until that low pivots S of and finally starts slipping E ..we're probably going to be rotating globules of light to moderate snow bursts like this. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Boy the models really nailed that western foist of the surface low toward the Maine coast.   You can really get a sense of that happening as we type, both sat and rad looping. 

I don't think this is going to end very fast in eastern Mass and coastal SE NH given that low needs to move along it's typical curved trajectory ...Fuji Wara style around the mid level vortex. It will probably start weakening, and that may dwindle off the intensity but until that low pivots S of and finally starts slipping E ..we're probably going to be rotating globules of light to moderate snow bursts like this. 

HRRR doesn't shut off the steady stuff for E MA until 18z and it lingers residual mood snows into late afternoon. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

HRRR doesn't shut off the steady stuff for E MA until 18z and it lingers residual mood snows into late afternoon. 

We get snow on the Outer Cape through sun set, 4pm EST

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Will there should be a band prolly setting up in a hour or so , no?

4 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

HRRR nailed  that band through North Central Ct. .. Nice positive bust here for the globals after portraying days of CT dryslot of death.

well we did slot for a long time, its just that bad that the NAM/EC and other models had really paid off and wasn't just some transient 1-3 type deal.

20 minutes ago, dryslot said:

+SN here, Snow growth is awesome right now, 30dbz, Ripping some big fatties

RAD_KGYX_N0R_ANI.gif

Nice long long wait. We KU

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We are under the best band...how much you have?

21”

buried last nite 

depth 17”

Other poster/met  in Nashua could confirm 

pepperall area should come in with a bigger number than me given radar last nite 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Great storm ! Rick did you clear an area/board for this measurement 

looked like someone just south of you is getting 30” or def in Albany general area given earlier reports 

Yeah I cleared about three times during the event. I measure on my open back deck and also have a board back in my vegetable garden area. 25" was the final.  Sometimes it's very tough here with our wind, but little to no wind here while it snowed. A little breezy now and 20. Sun popped out.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My folks measured 22” on the ground near ALB.  With settling and such I’m sure they were over 2 feet of “snowfall” if they bothered to clear at all.

E72C3459-BE59-4900-BFC0-D2A59780C0E5.thumb.jpeg.e80dfe0174e266ea19b4031985efc2f6.jpeg

You should bring them up and have JSpin give them a snow measuring seminar.  Complete with coring for LE section