• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

Just woke up. Needed sleep after yesterdays rough day at work. I already have well over 2 inches for sure. Will go measure in a bit. 

Snow and 27 degrees nw of Winchester

• Like 5

Moderat to heavy snow falling with 2 inches on the ground in NW Stafford. Hope to hold off a bit longer the this before mixing. Nice band moving through now on the radar

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

b6844d0f383bb7ebaf4c1f5a29302012.jpg

Anyone have a solid radar they recommend for rain / snow line? Still think places well inland from the major metros hang onto sleet / ice for a solid 4-6 hour period.

4-8” is a good call for the western burbs. 8” by skinsfan, 5-6” for myself and Bobchill in MoCo/HoCo and  3-4” near the metros 

Just now, jayyy said:

Anyone have a solid radar they recommend for rain / snow line? Still think places well inland from the major metros hang onto sleet / ice for a solid 4-6 hour period.

4-8” is a good call for the western burbs. 8” by skinsfan, 5-6” for myself and Bobchill in MoCo/HoCo and  3-4” near the metros 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0C-1-6

• Like 1

Just now, jayyy said:

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

Best free site

7 minutes ago, Scraff said:

No snow yet. Come on already!

This! Should be any moment now 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

This! Should be any moment now 

So close now. Guess I could have slept in another 2 hours. Ah well. I’ll take a nap this afternoon when we flip to pingers. 

Just woke up. No snow yet. But the GFS looks great and HRRR looks decent so it's most likely only a matter of time.

• Like 1

Small aggregates here, but the visibility has dropped noticeably with the enhanced reflectivity over southern Howard County. Probably some pristine ice crystals mixed in as well based on the areas of larger ZDR on radar.

20190220_1150_klwx.thumb.png.c489ba7b9b2fafde27bd65474f6bb6a8.png

• Like 1