• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/29-1/30 obs

40/70 Benchmark

00.00 in Randolph, but a nice 5 degree temp drop in about an hour to make the commute to the train a blast.  There always has to be one idiot on the roads - had one guy less than 10 feet behind me on icy roads; we get to an intersection with a left turn lane and he goes around me but continues going straight only to catch up to a line of about 10 cars ahead of him going just as slow as I was . . . hopefully he only hurts himself someday and no one else.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm curious to know why Greenfield called school off so early yesterday when all the other districts are just 2 hour delay?  Usually Greenfield is pretty tough about that but they had already cancelled by 4pm yesterday.  They must have been either worried about the afternoon squalls (unlikely they are that dialed into the wx)) or maybe concerned that there is still a lot of icy sidewalks and glacier pack from last week.  Weird.

My wife had a full day in a pretty rural school district.

No cancellations so far this year.  Long summer break?

4.2" from 0.40" LE at 7 AM.  Radar suggests 1" or less coming after that.  If accurate, the 6-10 forecast won't quite make it.  Have not seen good dendrite growth here since November, if then (maybe the 11/13 event while I was sleeping.)  Every 3"+ event (this one makes 8) has had a ratio under 10:1.  Not complaining, as this storm pushes January over 30" for just the 2nd time in 21 years, and builds season snow to about 140% of my YTD average - just odd to have so many modest ratio snows with not a single significant fluff dump.

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife had a full day in a pretty rural school district.

No cancellations so far this year.  Long summer break?

I think Greenfield might be down a plow or two based on how slow they were clearing streets so maybe that was the reason they called school so early.  My street was not plowed until like 4am which is very unusual.   I'm used to hearing plows hourly. 

approx 5-6 inches here, expect a bit more today as SN- continues

had an hour last night between 12-1 some of the heavier snow of the year 2in/hr stuff, it was pouring and heavier than any point during the 'big' storm a couple weeks ago

lots of snow on the ground, im guessing the most since i moved here in 2012. 

i will be staying inside today, not a fan of wind and cold as my bones get older....