Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor
George BM

October Discobs Thread

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Wind really picking up here just ahead of the front .

Getting some moderate rain with gusts to 30 mph. Temp dropped 6 degrees the past 5 minutes. 

Temp was 57 now down to 48

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Snowing at snowshoe.  Watching resort webcam now.

Yup looks to be ripping snow. 

Interesting the latest Euro for next Sunday tries to establish a semblance of a banana high with a coastal resulting in only 30s for highs n+w and some wet flakes even in northern Md . Gfs in contrast maintains some strong energy to the west northwest . I'm sure details will change being 7 days out but a coastal is looking more and more possible next weekend. Hopefully the beginning of many coastals this season 

ecmwf_mslpa_us_8.png

gfs_mslpa_us_28.png

• Like 1

Most guidance showing another  possible freeze tonight for many areas. Actually Wednesday night looks like a more region wide freeze threat  ...let's keep this rolling thru March :D

At this rate mowing season will be done in the next couple weeks :)

20 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Interesting the latest Euro for next Sunday tries to establish a semblance of a banana high with a coastal resulting in only 30s for highs n+w and some wet flakes even in northern Md . Gfs in contrast maintains some strong energy to the west northwest . I'm sure details will change being 7 days out but a coastal is looking more and more possible next weekend. Hopefully the beginning of many coastals this season 

ecmwf_mslpa_us_8.png

gfs_mslpa_us_28.png

Yeah, I was jumping through the EPS and its decent for late October. Seen less active times in the midst of winter.

• Like 1

Will probably get frost tonight, tonight's lows are forecast to be around 35 degrees. Wouldn't surprise me if the air thermometers record lower readings. Gonna need a frost advisory here, why haven't the NWS expanded them yet?

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Giving us good practice for coastal tracking this winter. ❄️

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Giving us good practice for coastal tracking this winter. ❄️

Heck, GFS has a Saturday coastal now, the two that are strongest and coastal to the coast get some snow in the area. :weenie: