joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am more interested in seeing the evolution of the RPM full run , despite its poor track record at 84hours. Does it even make sense w timing of phase, track, strength.

Gfs is garbage and useless, 

Is this not a storm that the nam tends to handle better.

As will said, he believes there will be a cleaner phase, that is what the nam shows. Doesn't mean its right. But makes sense. Just look where the damn surface low is at the time of the phase. How does this make it up here as a monster? Im curious

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I still think we're prob gonna see a cleaner phase in the end with the southern stream than what is currently being depicted. 

I realize I'm pages and pages back in this thread ... but even at this late hour, I'm not completely willing to shut the book on that idea either. 

I won't be "disappointed" either way, but that NAM model run with 2.45" total QPF at Logan could be lurking at 00z or 12z tomorrow... before coming inevitably in at half that and a solid event for at least the eastern half, as a rather deep, better phased solution (say even 65% proficiency there in...) passes by at an obscenely fast translation speed for a deep cyclone.

That's the another thing all together about this... I mean, all the models down below 960 mbs while moving an extra-tropical cyclone at that speed is highly unusual.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Bob I like those members that actually come inland... That would be a neat trick against overwhelming opposing efforts to take this completely seaward... heh

Noooo Tip, we can't have this rivaling the Cleveland Superbomb land pressure snow hurricane.  :P

Archived