sampled by upper air network until tonight so suspect 00z Tue or
12z Tue model suite will have a better handle on resolving the
finer details.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mentioned that this morning, regarding sampling of the southern and northern s/w's. They are not in a data sparse area...but a little sharper and things can trend much more favorable. 

18z GEFS were better than 12z it seems.

Telling you.. tomorrow morning and midday , ****e gonna hit fan as the entire forum is crushed . This is how these big ones always work 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Telling you.. tomorrow morning and midday , ****e gonna hit fan as the entire forum is crushed . This is how these big ones always work 

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

BS.

It doesn't always have to mean a huge shift, but its very real.

There may be some epic meltdowns setting up here.

The track of the low between 35N and 40N appears to be slowly turning more "easterly" or less "northerly" on models and ensembles.

I like the idea of a low more tucked or at least the dominant  low being tucked closer down by the Carolinas but that is not translating to a low over the bench mark so.....what gets that's done

Would appear a more poleward western ridge and a stronger southern stream may pump the heights along east coast better, otherwise i dont see this low hitting people outside of CJ-cape (unless there is a dual low structure ENE of dominant low that pinwheels NW?

So ya congrats scooter

Im trying to understand HOW this goes over benchmark, i.e what needs to happen

I see west trends for those in Carolina's /Virginia from cleaner phase/ and deepening and the NW tug but then scooting ENE

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Im just not buying an intensity change from N Stream that brings this up the coast

Im Hoping im missing something 

Doesn't have to happen, but its a very real phenomenon. My money is also on the s stream coming my further west than modeled...but again, maybe it doesn't. We'll see.. not an easy call.

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Im just not buying an intensity change from N Stream that brings this up the coast

Im Hoping im missing something 

We need a sharper trough with more negative tilt, I think a stronger northern stream vort would dig further south helping to change the trough orientation or for the whole trough to end up further west, Usually a stronger coastal low would get this to track further west, But not in this case, A faster cleaner phase @H5 would also help to capture the slp and tug it back NW as well.

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But if it isn't eventually a big one, that rule doesn't apply. Lol. I am less enthused each model cycle. 

38 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

BS.

It doesn't always have to mean a huge shift, but its very real.

Agreed, definitely a real issue.

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We need a sharper trough with more negative tilt, I think a stronger northern stream vort would dig further south helping to change the trough orientation or for the whole trough to end up further west, Usually a stronger coastal low would get this to track further west, But not in this case, A faster cleaner phase @H5 would also help to capture the slp and tug it back NW as well.

Earlier phasing would yield this as well.  We would need the northern stream to come in faster to accomplish this imo.

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Earlier phasing would yield this as well.  We would need the northern stream to come in faster to accomplish this imo.

Yeah, When i said faster that was my thinking being sooner, These model runs that have been ticking west, Also seem to have a better western ridge as well.

Archived