Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've learned over the past few winters that you're not really not guaranteed a full pack winter at low elevations until you hit montreal and NE up the st lawrence. You're pretty much always in for an 18"+ pack north of there.

It seems infinitely harder to erode the pack right at that latitude around the southern suburbs of Montreal vs the CPV. Maybe some of that us downsloping too. Back down into the CAD regions of western Maine and N NH you're pretty much good too.

VT.png

1 hour ago, BostonWX said:

I've learned over the past few winters that you're not really not guaranteed a full pack winter at low elevations until you hit montreal and NE up the st lawrence. You're pretty much always in for an 18"+ pack north of there.

It seems infinitely harder to erode the pack right at that latitude around the southern suburbs of Montreal vs the CPV. Maybe some of that us downsloping too. Back down into the CAD regions of western Maine and N NH you're pretty much good too.

VT.png

Montreal torches with the best of 'em.  

But I will say in the past few years there has been a sharp line just north of Montreal.  I get the Montreal radio stations and they usually discuss that in the weather "as usual the northern suburbs could get 20cms while the southern suburbs mix with rain."

We were pretty even in terms of snowpack across most of interior VT/NH/ME until that 15-30" storm last week.  Thats the type of storm that lays the pack down deep for the rest of winter.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Montreal torches with the best of 'em.  

But I will say in the past few years there has been a sharp line just north of Montreal.  I get the Montreal radio stations and they usually discuss that in the weather "as usual the northern suburbs could get 20cms while the southern suburbs mix with rain."

We were pretty even in terms of snowpack across most of interior VT/NH/ME until that 15-30" storm last week.  Thats the type of storm that lays the pack down deep for the rest of winter.

My brother lives in Montreal and was barbecuing outside on Christmas Eve 2015. It was 64F that day at his house.

2 hours ago, BostonWX said:

VT.png

Springfield and Burlington getting shafted. Ouch

2 hours ago, BostonWX said:

When I initially read this it sounded like it was referring to anywhere south of Montreal unless at high elevation, but I guess it refers to just the CPV?  I’m not sure at exactly what latitude the “guaranteed” pack falls off from the spine of the Greens eastward, but I have to think it’s much farther south.

Archived