Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I see a potential snowstorm setting up for this weekend.  Pattern says a -AO and a +PNA combine for the PV to drop out of Canada.  But what happens in the northern stream will dictate what we get this weekend.  I don't think the models have a clue of what is going to happen.

Link to AO and PNA values 1/13-16?

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Link to AO and PNA values 1/13-16?

It's pretty silly, the GEFS predict near-neutral values for both this weekend. I think technically the AO would be negative, but it is so close to neutral it's irrelevant.

The more important part of the pattern over the CONUS is a huge SE ridge with the deep trough in the southwest. This could mean overrunning for us if it works out...but it could easily be nothing too.

It's pretty silly, the GEFS predict near-neutral values for both this weekend. I think technically the AO would be negative, but it is so close to neutral it's irrelevant.

The more important part of the pattern over the CONUS is a huge SE ridge with the deep trough in the southwest. This could mean overrunning for us if it works out...but it could easily be nothing too.

Shredda

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We lose WPO EPO but gain small PNA NAO AO, if it happens it will have to be this weekend because el torcho looms in the distance

Joe Fury a pretty good on air CT MET, mentioned this morning that the pattern going forward is very difficult to read...signs of winter going away for a time, but at the same time also signs of it returning with a vengeance perhaps as well...his bottom line was, extremely tough to know for sure which way it will go out past 10 days. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Skiing out west? Damn and Colorado is getting smoked too

I think we are going to need a bigger shovel. 8-12 feet and counting. #MammothStories

C1wAj5ZVIAArYNf.jpg

I skiied there.  Was there in March and had a small container of milk to refrigerate in my room overnight-days before hotel room fridges.  I figured I'd lay it in the pack.  The pack had separated from the building some.  Anyway I dropped the milk carton and I kid you not several seconds went by until I heard it hit bottom.  11 feet otg.  People ski in bathing suits on 7/4.

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I skiied there.  Was there in March and had a small container of milk to refrigerate in my room overnight-days before hotel room fridges.  I figured I'd lay it in the pack.  The pack had separated from the building some.  Anyway I dropped the milk carton and I kid you not several seconds went by until I heard it hit bottom.  11 feet otg.  People ski in bathing suits on 7/4.

Nice, by the time two weeks are up 20 feet is within reach at Els

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I see a potential snowstorm setting up for this weekend.  Pattern says a -AO and a +PNA combine for the PV to drop out of Canada.  But what happens in the northern stream will dictate what we get this weekend.  I don't think the models have a clue of what is going to happen.

Shocking.  Models don't have a clue but James does.  Possible snowstorm.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

As much as I love snow I think I'd tire of it pretty quickly if I got that much and had to deal with it into summer. No gracias.

It goes pretty fast in the lower elevations and the summer is perfect wx by my standards.   Mild dry days and cool nights with no bugs.

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

There is also a steroidal SE ridge...it could easily come north on future runs...throw in the uncertainty regarding the handling of the southwest energy, and pretty much anyone is in the game for this weekend still.

I'm going to pull an eyewall in this one. We all know it doesn't snow in lower elevation Vermont anymore. 

Archived