• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

Things could get interesting around these parts in the day 7 to 9 range with some anticyclonic wave breaking downstream of that stout ridge over Hudson Bay.  Some biggies in the past have occurred when clippers dove out of Quebec and then south of NS and deepened Miller B style south and east of Newfoundland. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I need to find out what the sam hell is the matter with my snowblower before epicosity returns in Feb

5 days in a row of pack. We just set our winter record. Will be mostly gone by morning. Now nothing except a minor event this weekend. Tough to swallow losing 2-3 weeks in dead of winter. Hoping Feb works out

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

5 days in a row of pack. We just set our winter record. Will be mostly gone by morning. Now nothing except a minor event this weekend. Tough to swallow losing 2-3 weeks in dead of winter. Hoping Feb works out

Sounds like a mini version of January 1996.

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sure does..happens frequently in January in SNE.   

If we recover half as well as we did in 96, most will be pleased.

I will take a pic in the AM no way it's gone

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It will end up over Quebec as we so often see, It's not a sunny weekend in NNE lol

BTV seems to disagree. 

Saturday/Sunday: Still on track to have a pretty strong high sitting over the top of us. Sea level pressures should be around 1045mb. Quite impressive. For sensible weather, it means fairly sunny and seasonably cold. Daytime highs Saturday in the teens, and a bit warmer on Sunday. Sub-zero lows for Saturday morning, at least away from the Champlain valley. The high should keep moisture associated with a weak low and stationary front to our south from getting into our region Saturday night/early Sun

17 minutes ago, mreaves said:

BTV seems to disagree. 

Saturday/Sunday: Still on track to have a pretty strong high sitting over the top of us. Sea level pressures should be around 1045mb. Quite impressive. For sensible weather, it means fairly sunny and seasonably cold. Daytime highs Saturday in the teens, and a bit warmer on Sunday. Sub-zero lows for Saturday morning, at least away from the Champlain valley. The high should keep moisture associated with a weak low and stationary front to our south from getting into our region Saturday night/early Sun

I believe BTV doesn't have access to the KFS data which was recently upgraded with advanced twitter data assimilation and a hires footlong x footlong grid.

22 minutes ago, eyewall said:

The resorts won't close (except maybe MRG) but conditions are sure to degrade quite a bit.

I have been living out here for 10 years now and can't recall more than two above average seasons for southern Vermont  or Berkshires ski areas. 

You would think at some point something has to give.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I have been living out here for 10 years now and can't recall more than two above average seasons for southern Vermont  or Berkshires ski areas. 

You would think at some point something has to give.

You would think. Hopefully February delivers.

Archived