Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone for Golf on the 12z Euro ?

April continues with no let up or sign of that rising GEFs PNA yet...  Something's gotta give.  Until that time, man, next Tuesday is a gem blue bird day.  I mean, ...how ofter can you pick that out in January!?  zoinks  +4C at (2-m 60?) at 850 with a light wind and pure blue sky..  Probably a lot of ocean taint in that exact depiction but should the light breeze go offshore...  even at this time of year, 60 F with full sun will pretty incredible feeling.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

April continues with no let up or sign of that rising GEFs PNA yet...  Something's gotta give.  Until that time, man, next Tuesday is a gem blue bird day.  I mean, ...how ofter can you pick that out in January!?  zoinks  +4C at (2-m 60?) at 850 with a light wind and pure blue sky..  Probably a lot of ocean taint in that exact depiction but should the light breeze go offshore...  even at this time of year, 60 F with full sun will pretty incredible feeling.

Tanuary?

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Tuesday???

ecmwf_t2m_boston_26.png

ecmwf_tcloud_boston_26.png

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I did. They scream of a furnace. What's funny is you posting smoothed out 2m temps of a ski resort in N Maine to support your cold stance . We get it.. your're going skiing there in March

Link to the week of 50's and 60's? I get it you can't you just make **** up, yes a torch is coming but stop with the cocky BS. I already skied and will be again this week. I have no idea what you mean. Just because you can't stare out your window at snow Charlie Brown you melt it to Canada.

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's mild. Who cares about the deets right now. There will probably be some junky showery/cloudy days and then a couple where we get some breaks and soar with bare ground. 2m temps a week out don't mean that much to me.

yeah...the attempted mutiny has been put down.. j/k

no ...i have no argument if a band of overrunnign clouds cap radiational cooling from the previous night ... but like you said, no deets at this range please. 

the POINT (lost of course...) was that the synoptics support a helluva warmer surface.  

should that RH be over done and those other parameters work out...you're definitely back-yarding 61 ers 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah...the attempted mutiny has been put down.. j/k

no ...i have no argument if a band of overrunnign clouds cap radiational cooling from the previous night ... but like you said, no deets at this range please. 

the POINT (lost of course...) was that the synoptics support a helluva warmer surface.  

should that RH be over done and those other parameters work out...you're definitely back-yarding 61 ers 

If the Euro is right you won't see much sun Tuesday to Saturday

42 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Link to the week of 50's and 60's? I get it you can't you just make **** up, yes a torch is coming but stop with the cocky BS. I already skied and will be again this week. I have no idea what you mean. Just because you can't stare out your window at snow Charlie Brown you melt it to Canada.

I mean it's going to be warm, but he's a trip. I like how he asks if resorts are closing and you post the temps for a ski resort and somehow that doesn't apply.

I mean sure, Yawgoo will probably be closed, but I'm not really thinking resorts until you get into NNE.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean it's going to be warm, but he's a trip. I like how he asks if resorts are closing and you post the temps for a ski resort and somehow that doesn't apply.

I mean sure, Yawgoo will probably be closed, but I'm not really thinking resorts until you get into NNE.

Can't make it up, happens year after year. the snow melts in his yard and he goes wild. Once he lost his 2 inch ice storm Saturday I knew it was coming.

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

If the Euro is right you won't see much sun Tuesday to Saturday

why do you keep pressing that point ? 

... we get it.  

850 mb is +4 C... the high retreats seaward.  the wind veers around to wsw... 

that's a warm look ... 

ur cherry picking nuances in details that are 5 or 6 days away to try mute that message - good luck.. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

why do you keep pressing that point ? 

... we get it.  

850 mb is +4 C... the high retreats seaward.  the wind veers around to wsw... 

that's a warm look ... 

ur cherry picking nuances in details that are 5 or 6 days away to try mute that message - good luck.. 

I just posted what the Euro showed on a model map not what I think. I am pressing nothing. Sorry didn't mean to upset your sunny and 60's on Tuesday by stating model output. guess we will see if you are better than the Euro/

You know we've jumped the shark when we're debating whether it will be 60 vs 46.

As for the ski resorts....they'll be fine as long as they aren't getting blasted with a lot of 46/46 fog and rain. 42/25 won't do much of anything to them...those who have skied in March understand that.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

You know we've jumped the shark when we're debating whether it will be 60 vs 46.

As for the ski resorts....they'll be fine as long as they aren't getting blasted with a lot of 46/46 fog and rain. 42/25 won't do much of anything to them...those who have skied in March understand that.

52/18 a IZG. Nearly red flag criteria.

Maybe Kevin can get a mid winter fire season to whet his appetite.

Archived