joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ULL, up slope snow LES, Squalls winds 11-20-22

Ginx snewx

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tenth or two overnight but I will call the total as 8.0.  Elevation played a huge role.  As I drove to work this morning the snow rapidly dropped off on the 5 mile drive to the highway, in-town in Norwich looked lie an inch or less. Some spots on 91 had a trace or so.  I would be more ecstatic if my snow tires were on.  (My mechanic has been out for a couple of weeks otherwise they would be on)

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

And it's gone.  Wow at what the wind can do.  That fluffy snow stands no chance when even the base area is gusting 50mph.  

Its all in the woods is where it is.

Completely gone. Wind like that with either too much north or too much south in the direction just destroys northern green mtn snow. On mansfield it was ripping through the notch and swirling back up the mtn at times. Wind has to be 50+ to do that.  

2 day total is 17". Depth on ground is around 14-14.5". It was an incredible storm that I will not soon forget due to the unusual mesoscale terrain enhanced nature of it. Still flurrying, but I think the accumulating snow is by and large done. Even the sometimes overzealous mesoscale models fell short of the actual snowfall accumulation.

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Saw LCI and Wolfeboro weenie their way to 3"+

Farther north, and I know they love it, but this is really when we should have some sort of headline out for northern Coos. Pittsburg came in with 5" and it will snow all day up there and add to it. I mean that's what we have the zone split for.

48 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

2 day total is 17". Depth on ground is around 14-14.5". It was an incredible storm that I will not soon forget due to the unusual mesoscale terrain enhanced nature of it. Still flurrying, but I think the accumulating snow is by and large done. Even the sometimes overzealous mesoscale models fell short of the actual snowfall accumulation.

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

Congrats Mitch I know last year you were on the edge of a toaster bath. Great head start.

27 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Actually it would be cool if our storm total snow was updated once since midnight...:ee:

You know I don't bash you guys but the last couple of days I was SMDH at ALB .  Issued an advisory for NWCT then dropped it as snowfall intensity was increasing  I also think some sort of black Ice warning should have been given last night .  I heard their were multiple accidents this AM but at 11 last night I didn't hear anything on that possibility .  Maybe I missed it but didn't see any thing on the media suggesting it either. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

You know I don't bash you guys but the last couple of days I was SMDH at ALB .  Issued an advisory for NWCT then dropped it as snowfall intensity was increasing  I also think some sort of black Ice warning should have been given last night .  I heard their were multiple accidents this AM but at 11 last night I didn't hear anything on that possibility .  Maybe I missed it but didn't see any thing on the media suggesting it either. 

I mean typically we have leeway with the first one or two events, to go sub-advisory or warning criteria. Mainly just to remind the public that winter weather is slippery before we get the in swing of headlines every week or so. I know there was the other fairly widespread event last month, but it was also a month ago, and this is a pretty big event in its own right.

Archived