Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Haha yeah I know, and it's been boring as all hell for 6 months so it seems different with a tropical storm.  

But even folks just discussing models at day 8-10 get ragged on all winter for discussing verbatim outcomes, even if it's just model talk.  

You can tell we are all itchy for even day 8 fantasy storms.

#longrangewinterthreatsmatter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, this could be a long week.   Like to see Euro start speeding things up and caving in to the GFS.  I think all we can say with some assurity is that early next week we will have a hurricane moving NW,N, or NE out of the Bahamas.  Timing of large scale features will determine the track as it gets north of the Bahamas.  In reality we should start looking late this weekend for model consensus.  

My concern is growing. An initially expanding ridge to the N isn't just going to weaken go poof and move out. I'm not buying the abrupt right turn. Possibly could be more stout than currently depicted thus incorporate a gradual NW track instead. Models could be playing catch-up come later tomorrow and Saturday. SNE not-so-much, but down here it's an aspect to watch. 
Nice round of boomers has turned into a nice cool rain. Feels nice and refreshing. Boy I miss the change of seasons. 90 by day and 70 at night constant swamp-arz with no color change just doesn't cut it.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Haha yeah I know, and it's been boring as all hell for 6 months so it seems different with a tropical storm.  

But even folks just discussing models at day 8-10 get ragged on all winter for discussing verbatim outcomes, even if it's just model talk.  

You can tell we are all itchy for even day 8 fantasy storms.

L-l-l-l-l-l--ock it!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_49.png

too soon?

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Euro coming in faster and N & W of 00z 

I get Euro on Weatherbell but it seems it didn't run right at least on that site so can't see it today so far.  Thanks for the update.  I was wondering if the Euro would start coming around to the GFS.  Keep us updated!

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

Too slow.  Trough is a kicker instead of phasing in.

Can't see Euro but all and all was it quicker in getting the storm up to the Bahamas than previous run?  I guess if the trend of a faster storm getting north it might have a better chance of having the trough bringing it more N verses OTS.  

what should be of paramount importance re this Euro (duh) oper. evolution is the morphologY with handling the mid nation flow.  we discussed this earlier in the thread and it's a nice homage to those points that this comes in this way and beautifully demos the concern there.  

that ... and the transitive relationship it has with Atlantic wayward blocking is going to be exceptionally important to marine interests and coastal communities along the EC.  

Archived