Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This graphic seems crazy... a 40-50% chance of a tropical cyclone in VT on a day 7-8 prog?

Chances seem really high. 

image.png

if nothing else, that'a beauty of a sat loop he's got goin' on there... 

yeeeah, sounds like he's excited.  

for me, the Euro now 'missing' Matt and leaving him meandering about the SW Basin as a powerful entity ...underscores uncertainty more so now than ever.   

it's just what we've been trying to elucidate - there is utterly 1% chance of any solution beyond D...4.5 or so... so, you be the judge on futility and decide before you start typing - it's up to you man. 

firstly ...wtf does 'calibrated' mean in that context - he mentions 'their CALIBRATED...' in deference to (I guess) some in-house products but, calibrated can mean anything.

like, hey guys - i calibrated the input parameters of the ECM and GFS ensembles, specifically to smoke New England and check this schit out!    woa!

23 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Watch Matty continue W, Uncertainty cones will adjust accordingly, and the track will skirt the W coast of FL. impacting millions. This sukka is in it's own environment. YUUGE!

The GFDL takes it there:

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfdl-p&region=14L&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2016093012&fh=6&xpos=0&ypos=0

The flaw in these model depictions is that the wind field seems to be restricted to the seaward side, even when the hurricane is just barely offshore FL.

5 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I saw that earlier today.

I did once upon a time have a document (article) that roughly gave HGT to Intensity re: steering current. Can someone enlighten please. Still is a teaching and learning forum. Thank-you in advance.

19 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

I saw that earlier today.

I did once upon a time have a document (article) that roughly gave HGT to Intensity re: steering current. Can someone enlighten please. Still is a teaching and learning forum. Thank-you in advance.

Old adage says a ship this large can't turn on a dime

Archived