Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs thread Part 2

mappy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still owes me 10" from yesterday.

Meso guidance was terrible with this one for the most part in the qpf department. I'm pretty sure the euro will win the qpf battle across guidance. Since we get norluns like never it will probably so many years into the future before we see another one that I'll forget today and hug the NAM .4k (it will be a 3D holograph of the atmosphere viewed with virtual reality glasses by then but will still suck)

Meso guidance was terrible with this one for the most part in the qpf department. I'm pretty sure the euro will win the qpf battle across guidance. Since we get norluns like never it will probably so many years into the future before we see another one that I'll forget today and hug the NAM .4k (it will be a 3D holograph of the atmosphere viewed with virtual reality glasses by then but will still suck)

Cool! So we can in the future get NAM'd in 3d with stereo surround sound, right in the privacy of your own home! I'll wait for the Jebman Wii shovel game to get a good workout too.

I'm working at home but have been literally too busy to measure. Looked like about .5" sloppy slushy snow on the deck rail earlier. In a lull now, all melted away.

I committed the unforgivable sin of deck rail eyeballing today, but couldn't be helped. .5" is consistent with a report from Warrior B. around same time so going with it. It snowed more but no more accums.

All the models sucked on this one imho. He!!, the Euro ensembles from 12z today gave me 2"! Yesterday's 12z Nam was the best run of any model within the past 3 days giving me 1". Just a darn shame 6 hrs later it came back with 4-6" or some such nonsense.lol

3D NAM experience only available with subscription to WxBell get your JB 3D snow goggles today!

Another area of snow wants to advance over me in a bit and the sun is down

Im watching the radar ever so slightly grow to the sw. Does it continue and scrape us, or slide out south? I think one or 2 of yesterdays GFS AND NAM had this feature which drops about an inch Stafford and south thru the northetn neck.

Finally seeing a little action. Moderate snow in Spotsy, it's a win for me just to see flakes.

Same here, it's been more or less a fail in this area but at least some flakes today.  Came down at a decent clip early this afternoon too.  Nothing now, in fact it's semi-cleared out, and it's notably colder.  Maybe some of that stuff on radar can drop a few more flakes at my place before it's done.

ETA:  Yeah, now checking the radar more, that's a nice little band down your way and another one up in northern MD near Westminster.

Archived