• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs thread Part 2

mappy

About 1" for a total at home in Perry Hall, waste. Don't know if it turned to rain in the Perry Hall/Eastern Baltimore County area but radar showed it, at Mays Chapel (Padonia Rd 3/4 Mile West of 83) never changed to Rain but came close. Also the duration of the storm seemed way smaller than advertised, like I only got snow for 10 hours out of the originally advertised 32 hour Winter Storm Warning of 6-9".

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

current depth is 6". All of that was from earlier then compaction offset any new accumulation all afternoon as temps spiked even here and rates were spotty. This band now makes we wonder what might have been in it was just a little colder as the temps are back below freezing abd even though rates are no better then all day the snow is piling up again with light fluffy flakes. I guess I would go with 7 as a total so far as we lost some during the lull. Was perfect amount for my 15 month old to play in though. He had a blast. Was hard to get him to come in.

current depth is 6". All of that was from earlier then compaction offset any new accumulation all afternoon as temps spiked even here and rates were spotty. This band now makes we wonder what might have been in it was just a little colder as the temps are back below freezing abd even though rates are no better then all day the snow is piling up again with light fluffy flakes. I guess I would go with 7 as a total so far as we lost some during the lull. Was perfect amount for my 15 month old to play in though. He had a blast. Was hard to get him to come in.

Nice.  That's pretty good to lose just an inch or so during a lull and warmer temperatures.  As I said in a comment to Mappy's photo earlier...I bet it is great packing snow.

Nice. That's pretty good to lose just an inch or so during a lull and warmer temperatures. As I said in a comment to Mappy's photo earlier...I bet it is great packing snow.

I may be low on that. We may have had 8" since I didn't get a good measurement before the melting and compaction. it was perfect snow for fun and had a snowball fight with my wife and made a huge snowman. It was a good day. In some ways I enjoyed this more then the blizzard. The wind was crazy here in that and it was hard to be out in it plus it was dry snow and too much to do anything in. Today was a fun day.

Im watching the radar ever so slightly grow to the sw. Does it continue and scrape us, or slide out south? I think one or 2 of yesterdays GFS AND NAM had this feature which drops about an inch Stafford and south thru the northetn neck.

We have 32/24 conditions, if we can get that area of snow to pay us a visit we may be able to salvage something from this debacle.

Where in the county is that? I'm near Spotsylvania HS, not seeing that, but I wonder what home near Chamcellor HS looks like. Radar looks good up that way....

I'm off of Robert E Lee near the courthouse. Not too far from you.

The roads already caved and driving sucks right now. I'm hoping to be in one of those bands the models have been hinting at.

Archived