joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs thread Part 2

mappy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been somewhat dryslotted for most of the day, but we had one nice band with huge flakes pass by earlier.

Temperature was down to 32 this morning, now back up to 33.  About 1.75" of snow.  It's not a lot, but it's great snow for snowmen and snowballs.

only here can it snow steady in early February and melt more than it sticks

with temps in the 30s it had to rip. I've been disapointed with the banding honestly. Small pockets of heavy stuff but no organized death bands really where somewhere is ripping 2-3" hr. Light to moderate with sporadic burts won't work with above freezing mid day. I'm doing well purely because of my elevation. Rates have been kinda weak much of the time.

with temps in the 30s it had to rip. I've been disapointed with the banding honestly. Small pockets of heavy stuff but no organized death bands really where somewhere is ripping 2-3" hr. Light to moderate with sporadic burts won't work with above freezing mid day. I'm doing well purely because of my elevation. Rates have been kinda weak much of the time.

This frequently happens in our events. Honestly, the models often spit out good rates but at game time we have spotty precip. We just don't notice as much at 28 degrees when every flake sticks no matter the rates. In events like this, the little lulls really hurt.

Archived