joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same.  Evidently gusted to 20mph with the outflow boundary, so that's something.

the storms stayed north -- out of WV, northern Loudon, through Columbia, into Baltimore City and continued north into DE. 

however, looks like places that were missed this morning are under a slight risk for storms this afternoon. 

It was really meh here, with only .02" of rain. It appears I was just a few miles too far north.

Looks like Friday might be a washout, with the NAM showing 1-1.5" of rain with temps 61-65F in the afternoon. The GFS is a miss south, and bone dry. The GEM, however, is actually wetter than the NAM and showing widespread 2-4" amounts on Friday. The GEM's temps aren't as cool as the NAM's for Friday afternoon, but still much below average at mid-upper 60s.

It was really meh here, with only .02" of rain. It appears I was just a few miles too far north.

Looks like Friday might be a washout, with the NAM showing 1-1.5" of rain with temps 61-65F in the afternoon. The GFS is a miss south, and bone dry. The GEM, however, is actually wetter than the NAM and showing widespread 2-4" amounts on Friday. The GEM's temps aren't as cool as the NAM's for Friday afternoon, but still much below average at mid-upper 60s.

Euro is pretty wet for Friday too.  I'd take a splash today and then a soaker on Friday and call it good.

Euro is also wet, 2-4" isolated 5" Thursday Night to Saturday Night.

GFS continues being really south with the heavy precip in the 12z cycle, but it sure looks to be an outlier relative to other guidance.

Archived