• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

Got a pop up shower here about 4:00pm for about .04". Had just started pushing the mower around. 

Shipped my Davis back to CA for repair yesterday. No DP available. Moved around some other temp sensors temporarily. I'll have to go outside to the glass thermometer to get the real reading, but hi was 86.6 on the most likely electronic thermo, for now. Agrees pretty good with KNAK at hi of 86, so I'm hopeful.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to run the sprinkler for the first time this evening. July was fairly dry...just under 2.5" of rain here for the month. Grass is browning up in the more sun exposed parts of the yard the last few days, plus I am in the woods with silt/sandy soil. Drys up fast.

Soil? You have soil? I have 3-4 inches on top of slate/clay. I gave up on grass long ago. First two years here great yard, then what nutrients were in soil depleted and it has been a battle ever since, plus 90% of yard is on various degrees of slope to the WSW.

On another note, fantastic day, haven't looked at high for day, but pulled the Aerocoupe out minus its tops and drove for several hours....super!

Just checked, 83.9 for the high here at house. Already down to 67.2 at 9:05 pm.

Soil? You have soil? I have 3-4 inches on top of slate/clay. I gave up on grass long ago. First two years here great yard, then what nutrients were in soil depleted and it has been a battle ever since, plus 90% of yard is on various degrees of slope to the WSW.

On another note, fantastic day, haven't looked at high for day, but pulled the Aerocoupe out minus its tops and drove for several hours....super!

Just checked, 83.9 for the high here at house. Already down to 67.2 at 9:05 pm.

Just seed it with crabgrass, that grows anywhere ;)

Archived