joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a little over half an inch total yesterday. Most in a downpour last evening. The yard is greener where it was already green, but overall the brownest I have seen in a bit. Hoping the rain tomorrow night makes it green again. Garden is producing great tomatoes! Watermelons are a little bigger than softballs now so summer harvest season is happening! Longest rainbow I have ever seen last evening! Almost 40 minutes! Not a full arc, but a part of it! Was cool to watch.

post-1604-0-65605200-1438787286_thumb.jp

I forget, did you go from the SHT-11 to the SHT-15 in your VP2? What did that require?

Yup, you can order the SHT15 from Davis directly. They just came out with it last December, and it's much better all around than the SHT11. The warm/humid summer bias I was getting with the SHT11 is essentially gone on the SHT15.

You have to disassemble the ISS to install it, but it's a fairly simple process and it takes maybe 10-15 minutes. I replace my sensor/clean the inside of my station every year and as long as you're working under dry conditions, there's not much to worry about.

Error potential is 1+ standard deviations less on the SHT15 than the SHT11:

hWF7Tt.jpg

JeVKgy.jpg

Yup, you can order the SHT15 from Davis directly. They just came out with it last December, and it's much better all around than the SHT11. The warm/humid summer bias I was getting with the SHT11 is essentially gone on the SHT15.

You have to disassemble the ISS to install it, but it's a fairly simple process and it takes maybe 10-15 minutes. I replace my sensor/clean the inside of my station every year and as long as you're working under dry conditions, there's not much to worry about.

Error potential is 1+ standard deviations less on the SHT15 than the SHT11:

hWF7Tt.jpg

JeVKgy.jpg

Ugh, with Davis-esque pricing too.  I liked the $25 from Sensirion for the actual sensor :(

Gotta be a "when the SHT hits the fan" joke here somewhere

Right? It's odd that Davis didn't consider this, or care. Maybe someone was being devilish.

The warm/humid summer bias I was getting with the SHT11 is essentially gone on the SHT15.

That's great. A healthy change in diet and added fiber can work wonders.

Regular and 4k NAM now differ on the rain. 12k has a ridiculous loli of heavy rain around DC. 4k keeps the heavy south over the Bay.

18z NAM looks weird... 3-6" over a tiny area (N VA/DC/E MD, including BWI) while C VA is lucky to get 0.5" QPF... convective feedback maybe?  Or are we looking for a small area that will get pounded by rain?

Archived