Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the longer streaks I've personally experienced. Of those 13 days a trusted PWS close to me had 12 at 90 with one day at 89.8.

One of the lamest 90+ streaks I've personally experienced. It doesn't hurt that I regularly see 3- or 4-degree cooler highs than DCA in these situations and that there was plenty of dry heat. ;)

Have you considered moving to Barrow, AK? I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can root for dark/drizzly weather over a nice summer day.

Would love Barrow for 1/2 the year.  No can do on the perpetual daylight, however.

To say nothing if one doesn't appreciate sunny and hot (and usually humid) conditions, don't you get tired of the same weather, day-in and day-out, during the summer?  You could pretty much issue a 4-month forecast on May 15 of every year:  mostly sunny, warm-to-hot, humid, with a slight chance of afternoon t-storms (slighter for some of us!).  Today is a welcomed break from that monotony.  

Would love Barrow for 1/2 the year. No can do on the perpetual daylight, however.

To say nothing if one doesn't appreciate sunny and hot (and usually humid) conditions, don't you get tired of the same weather, day-in and day-out, during the summer? You could pretty much issue a 4-month forecast on May 15 of every year: mostly sunny, warm-to-hot, humid, with a slight chance of afternoon t-storms (slighter for some of us!). Today is a welcomed break from that monotony.

I don't want to roast, either, but I'd take 85 and sunny over 65 and dank/dark anytime from April 1st through August 31st. Once we get into October, I kick into cold season mode.

I don't want to roast, either, but I'd take 85 and sunny over 65 and dank/dark anytime from April 1st through August 31st. Once we get into October, I kick into cold season mode.

It is nice to have a break, though.  That's what is great about upper Midwest summers.  You can torch, but you have the comfort of knowing that there is a front from Canada coming down and giving you a 75/55 day before you torch again.  Tell me you wouldn't like a repeat of last July 4th every week or so during the summer :)

i like a nice summer day, but i have to admit, yesterday felt pretty great.  today too.

i'll be ready for sun by tomorrow though.

Been misting here for the last couple of hours.  Only .03", but it's dark and 64F at 11:15 AM.  Doesn't get much better than that for a summer day.

Have you considered moving to Barrow, AK? I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can root for dark/drizzly weather over a nice summer day.

Would love Barrow for 1/2 the year.  No can do on the perpetual daylight, however.

To say nothing if one doesn't appreciate sunny and hot (and usually humid) conditions, don't you get tired of the same weather, day-in and day-out, during the summer?  You could pretty much issue a 4-month forecast on May 15 of every year:  mostly sunny, warm-to-hot, humid, with a slight chance of afternoon t-storms (slighter for some of us!).  Today is a welcomed break from that monotony.  

It is nice to have a break, though.  That's what is great about upper Midwest summers.  You can torch, but you have the comfort of knowing that there is a front from Canada coming down and giving you a 75/55 day before you torch again.  Tell me you wouldn't like a repeat of last July 4th every week or so during the summer :)

I'll throw my hat into the EC corner. Last two days have been wonderful, upper 60's low 70's, clouds and drizzle with a nice E-N/E breeze.....yes, a wonderful 'summer' day. But not a LOT of precip, only 0.02 has actually fell into the CoCoRaHS gauge, and that is the total for the month so far too.

I don't want all summer days to be dark and drizzly, but a few thrown in are kinda nice, they are rather rare after all.  And the sun's a killer this time of year.  I took a very long (at least 13 miles) walk this afternoon/evening, which I would not have done had the sun been out.

Archived