joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trees can still be stressed this time of year. Dry isn't the only stress. I think it's pretty normal to see trees drop leaves this time of year. Seems like you always see it.

Yep, I have several 'earlies' I keep an eye on, helps to see the coming fall and winter coming on. They still earlier than normal though, usually those trees start turning last week of August, about 15-20 day early this year.

Stunning evening out there, built a fire in firepit and watched the skies for about two hours, only saw three, but that better than zero!

Nice morning. 62 here. Looks like it will be warming up over the next few days. More 90s for DC and the usual urban hot spots. I think DC is up to 36 90+ days or something? Quite different out in the rural areas. I believe I have had 13, 90+ days here. Plenty of 86-88 degree days. This summer has been pleasant and very tolerable to me. No prolonged oppressive heat/humidity. 

Mapgirl et al RE:  Winter SKYWARN

Hi Matt,

We are pretty thorough in our presentation. We discuss how to set up your snowboards, where to even get the materials, procedures, some helpful hints, etc. If we don't cover anything, people are more than welcome to ask their questions (and we will take note and include in future presentations).

If anyone has any additional questions about the class, please feel free to share my email. 

-Ashley

E:  [email protected] 

58f.  Forecast was 54F, but still a great evening/morning.  Cooked and ate outside last night under the stars, and fired up the fire pit for the first time.  Didn't see any meteors though, although I was only outside until 10:30.

eta...

Had my first fall brew of the season.  Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale.  Not bad.  I saw Octoberfest on the store shelf last night.  Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger with a weeks-long heatwave on our door step.

58f.  Forecast was 54F, but still a great evening/morning.  Cooked and ate outside last night under the stars, and fired up the fire pit for the first time.  Didn't see any meteors though, although I was only outside until 10:30.

eta...

Had my first fall brew of the season.  Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale.  Not bad.  I saw Octoberfest on the store shelf last night.  Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger with a weeks-long heatwave on our door step.

Me too! Went in to get a bottle of wine and saw the Flying Dog - The Fear Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Couldn't resist. with football on last night and the hint of fall in the air. Had a couple after some wine, which was plenty with 9% abv. Pretty good stuff.

Me too! Went in to get a bottle of wine and saw the Flying Dog - The Fear Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Couldn't resist. with football on last night and the hint of fall in the air. Had a couple after some wine, which was plenty with 9% abv. Pretty good stuff.

Pumpkin beers in August is like Christmas decorations in stores before Thanksgiving.

Archived