joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its mind boggling to me how hot the other Parkton PWS gets on days like today.

96 vs 88 (IMBY). Surrounding PWS are in the upper 80s like mine. 

i've got 2 Wxunderground stations about 1.5 miles from me (as a crow flies) and about 1/8 mile from each other.  One is up to 4F warmer than the other on sunny days until late afternoon, then it corrects and comes back in-line with its neighbor.  Obviously, it has either a positioning or shield issue, and then it must get shaded in the late afternoon.

i've got 2 Wxunderground stations about 1.5 miles from me (as a crow flies) and about 1/8 mile from each other.  One is up to 4F warmer than the other on sunny days until late afternoon, then it corrects and comes back in-line with its neighbor.  Obviously, it has either a positioning or shield issue, and then it must get shaded in the late afternoon.

I have been complaining about a weatherbug site in the area that runs 3-7 degrees warmer than all the other sites around, especially on full sun days. It is close on rainy days and at night. No one would do anything about it...it took care of itself yesterday when it spiked to 111.4 degrees around 3:30 pm. I took a screen shot of the area weatherbug sites with that glaring 111 number out there.....NOW someone that I contacted wants to get it fixed. 

Archived