Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the case at all. See my post above.

Whatever you're dealing with, I'm sure it's worse in Stephens City.

That's interesting though. I don't think I've seen one in about a year. I remember they they used to always find a way inside our place, and you couldn't kill them without stinking up the room in the process.

By "last two years" he means 2014 and 2015

Exactly. Completely decimated the entire crop on my tree. They did a number on my plums this year, too.

Whatever you're dealing with, I'm sure it's worse in Stephens City.

That's interesting though. I don't think I've seen one in about a year. I remember they they used to always find a way inside our place, and you couldn't kill them without stinking up the room in the process.

:lol:

We haven't had a problem with them getting inside, but our Peach tree was lousy with them until all the fruit rotted off.

8/4:   0.04

8/6:   0.10

8/9:   0.96

8/10: 0.02

8/18: 0.05

8/19:  T

Monthly total:   1.17"

Seasonal total: 7.31

.07" in the last 10 days.  Grass is toast.

I have 0.94" for the month. The problem is I base my watering schedule on NWS forecasts- that's probably a bad idea. I assume when it says 80% or even 100% chance of rain I'll get something... yeah, bad idea as I've learned multiple times this year. From now on I'm just watering every day assuming it will never rain again regardless of the forecast. Actually, after this system it looks like that's probably true anyway.

Remember, high pop does not necessarily equal high QPF, and thunderstorms have a way of being nice to some areas and not to others. I had 80 pops in for later today when i did the forecast Tuesday night, but still deluged everything yesterday afternoon. The hit and miss that goes on with Tstorms is why I have never been a huge severe person.

Archived